Tips on Staying Healthy
Know how it spreads
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within six feet).
- Through respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- These droplets can land on nearby people or be inhaled into the lungs.
How to protect yourself
- There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19.
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
- Wear a cloth face covering when going out. Many people do not display symptoms or can transmit the virus before they show any signs of illness. Wearing a mask can help prevent the spread of the virus.
Wash hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Especially after being in a public place or after blowing your nose, sneezing, or coughing.
- If soap and water is unavailable, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Use social distancing standards of 6 or more feet between yourself and other people.
How to protect others
- Stay home if you are sick except to get medical care.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow. Avoid using your hands and wash hands immediately after coughing or sneezing.
- Use the Emergency Management Delivery service if you are sick and need groceries or medicine. To access this service, community members should contact the WAGAP Call Center (509) 493-2662 or Toll-Free (800) 755-1192 for guidance on participating stores and the process.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily, including tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
How to disinfect surfaces
- Bleach: mix ½ cup bleach with one gallon of water. Spray or wipe on clean surface and wipe off with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Alcohol solutions: insure solution has at least 70% alcohol and spray on clean surface than wipe down.