This page is meant to provide an overview of passport services in Klickitat County. For more detailed information, visit the U.S. Passports and International Travel Website.

Passport Applications

Passport Applications are available in the County Clerk's Office. You may pick them up, complete them and bring them back for execution. Renewal passport applications may be done on your own if the original passport was issued less than 15 years ago and if you were at least 16 years old when your last passport was issued. You will save the $25 process fee if you do the renewal yourself. Renewal forms are also available at the Clerk's Office.

Passport Card Applications

Passport Card Applications are also available at the County Clerk's Office. The Passport Card is a new service by the passport agency and is available for travel by land and sea between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and Caribbean only. It is not available for air travel.

What to Bring When Applying

When you bring your completed Passport Application to the Clerk's Office, you will also need to bring:
  1. Proof of U.S. Citizenship (usually a certified copy of the birth certificate or a naturalization certificate).
  2. Two (2) passport photos which must meet federal passport requirements. The Clerk's office does not take passport photos, however, you may call to get information regarding where you can go to get your passport photo taken.
  3. Application in person at the Clerk's Office. You must sign the application in the presence of the Clerk's staff.
  4. Check or money order payable to U.S. Department of the State in the amount of $110 each for age 16 years and older, and $80 for age 15 and under.
  5. Check or money order payable to Klickitat County Clerk in the amount of $25 for process fee.
  6. The Passport Card cost is $30 for ages 16 and over and $15 for minors under age 16. The fee for the County Clerk is $25.

Processing Time

It usually takes five to six weeks for you to receive your passport; However, if you need your passport sooner, there is an expedite service for an additional cost. You may call the Clerk's Office for further information.