Curbside Garbage Collection

Garbage and recycling curbside collection services in Klickitat County are provided by two private franchises. The County does not provide garbage service nor does it own an operating landfill. Need to know how to dispose of an item? Go here.

Bingen, Lyle or Dallesport Collection Point 

If your collection point is in Bingen, Lyle or Dallesport, your service can be provided by either Hood River Garbage or Republic Services of Klickitat County. The choice is yours to make.

  • Hood River Garbage: 541-386-2272 or online
  • Republic Services: 509-773-5825 or online

Klickitat County Residences

All other areas of Klickitat County are serviced by Republic Services.

  • Republic Services: 509-773-5825 or online

Most areas of Klickitat County operate as a Rural Collection Program. What that means is that you provide your own garbage can and the recycling is collected in the blue recycle bags, which are provided to you free of charge. White Salmon, however, is provided with carts due to city ordinances. Republic Services uses an Automated Service Truck to pick-up those carts. It is important that you follow the guidelines on placing your cans at the curb so that the truck can easily and safely access the can. 

Self Haul Disposal 

You may also elect to take your waste and recycling to the local transfer station as well. See Transfer Stations for more information. 

Recycling for Residents

Recycling is offered free of charge by Republic Services! Curbside and self haul recycling are both free to Klickitat County residents through the contract with Republic Services. For more information visit our recycling page. The most important thing to remember with recycling is that the material matters. In order to keep markets available for the material we must keep a low contamination rate and maintain the integrity of the material as best as possible. Keep it empty, clean, and dry and always check the accepted materials listing to ensure you are recycling what is accepted.