- Public Health
- Vital Records
Effective January 1, 2021, new vital records laws went into effect changing requirements for birth and death certificates.
- For increased security of personal information, only individuals with a specific relationship to the person on the record being requested can receive a certificate.
- Qualified applicants will be required to provide identification and proof of eligibility documentation.
- The certificate fee will increase to $25 per copy. Additional processing fees apply.
The State Department of Health has published a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page to assist everyone in a better understanding of what the new requirements are for ordering birth and death certificates.
Birth certificates are issued through VitalChek.
Klickitat County is able to issue certificates for births from July 1, 1907, to the present.
If you need a certificate of birth that took place prior to July 1, 1907, then you need to do the following;
- Review the new 2021 vital records requirements.
- If the birth took place in King, Pierce, or Spokane, contact the Washington State local health departments and districts.
- For all other counties, please contact the county auditor's office in the county of birth.
Out of State Birth Certificates
Contact VitalChek for specific state information and ordering.
Death certificate orders are issued through VitalChek.
Review the new 2021 vital records requirements. Klickitat County is able to issue death certificates only if the death was registered via the Washington State Electronic Death Registration System (EDRS). Please contact our office to issue the certificate.
You may also contact the Washington State Department of Health for more information. The Department of Health is able to issue death certificates from July 1st, 1907 to the present.
Funeral Homes may now order death certificates through VitalChek. You must be an established funeral home with Klickitat County. If you are not, please call 509-773-4565. There are no order fees. There is a credit card fee of 3% of the total order or an electronic check fee of $1.25.
Marriage and Divorce Certificates
The Health Department does not issue marriage or divorce certificates. Contact the State Department of Health for more information.
Goldendale OfficePhysical Address
115 W. Court St.
Goldendale, WA 98620
Phone: 509-773-4565Fax: 509-773-5991
White Salmon OfficePhysical Address
501 NE Washington
White Salmon, WA 98672
Phone: 509-493-1558Fax: 509-493-4025