Passport Information: US State DepartmentLink to Passport information on US State Department web site:
YOU MAY CLICK ON THE ABOVE LINK TO PASSPORT SERVICES for more detailed information.
PASSPORT APPLICATIONS are available in the County Clerk's Office. You may pick them up, complete them and bring them back for execution. Renewal passport applications may be done on your own if the original passport was issued less than 15 years ago and if you were at least 16 years old when your last passport was issued. You will save the $25.00 process fee if you do the renewal yourself. Renewal forms are also available at the Clerk's Office.
PASSPORT CARD APPLICATIONS are also available at the County Clerk's Office. The Passport Card is a new service by the passport agency and is available for travel by land and sea between the US and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and Caribbean only. It is not available for air travel.
WHEN YOU BRING YOUR COMPLETED PASSPORT APPLICATION TO THE CLERK'S OFFICE YOU WILL ALSO NEED THE FOLLOWING:
(1) Proof of U.S. Citizenship (usually a certified copy of the birth certificate or a naturalization certificate);
(2) Two (2) passport photos which must meet federal passport requirements; The Clerk's office does NOT take passport photos, however, you may call to get information regarding where you can go to get your passport photo taken.
(3) Appear in person at the Clerk's Office. You must sign the application in the presence of the clerk's staff.
(4) Check or money order payable to Department of the State in the amount of $75.00 each for age 16 years and older and $60.00 for age 15 and under.
(5) Check or money order payable to Klickitat County Clerk in the amount of $25.00 for process fee.
(6) The Passport Card cost is $20.00 for ages 16 and over and $10.00 for minors under age 16. The fee for the County Clerk is $25.00.
It usually takes 5 to 6 weeks for you to receive your passport; However, if you need your passport sooner, there is an expedite service for an additional cost. You may call the Clerk's Office for further information.
Date of Source Material: 2/12/2008
Source: Klickitat County Clerk
Link to Source:
Clerk Home Passports FEES Online Payment Service
Saundra Olson: Clerk
205 S Columbus Ave
Room 204 MS-CH-3
Goldendale, WA 98620
Phone: 509 773-5744