01/17/2006 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
January 17, 2006
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update.
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Personnel Director Lori Wolford, Planning Director Curt Dreyer: Planning department structure.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
01/17/2006 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
January 17, 2006
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Meeting: Consider approval of boundary line adjustment to Lot 1 SP98-48 and Lot 2 SP97-12, BLA2005-03; Applicants: Laurie Tull and Raymond Richards.
Public Meeting: Consider approval of boundary line adjustment to Lots 1, 2, and 3 of SPL2004-24, BLA2005-10; Applicants: Jay Johnston and James Teel.
Public Meeting: Consider acceptance of road right-of-way dedication (Knight Road) for Short Plat No. SPL2005-13; Applicant: Robert Princehouse.
Public Meeting: Consider approval of Boundary Line Adjustment BLA2005-11; Applicants: Robert Baker, Linda Stair and William Barker.
VI. (2:00): ELECTED/APPOINTED OFFICIAL DEPARTMENT UPDATE:
Acting Auditor Diana Pafford: Department update.
VII. (2:30): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist Deidre Duffy: Introduction and update on substance abuse prevention programs.
(2:45): BCI representative Dick Smith and BCI President Bob Coen: Introduction and brief overview of health benefit program provided to county employees.
VIII. (3:00): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Resolution in the matter of investing $700,000.00 in excess cash within the Commissioners Vehicle Rental and Replacement Fund #502.
2) Resolution in the matter of investing $14,300,000.00 in excess cash within the Cumulative Reserve Fund #125.
3) Resolution in the matter of reappointing Tishy Stein (fiduciary member/state children’s service worker) to complete an unexpired three year term on the Skamania Klickitat Family Service Network; and appointment of Lisa White (non-fiduciary member/sponsored by the health department) to a three year term on the Skamania Klickitat Family Service Network.
4) Resolution in the matter of declaring certain inventory (Centrex phones) of the Budget and Technical Services Department as surplus for disposal by donation to the City of White Salmon Police Department.
5) Interlocal Cooperative Agreement to House Prisoners between Wheeler County, Oregon and Klickitat County effective January 1, 2006, terminating December 31, 2006.
6) Interlocal Funding Assistance Agreement between Klickitat County and Klickitat Skamania Development Council granting operating funds in the amount of $15,000.00 to the Bingen/White Salmon Community Youth Center for the 2006 budget year.
7) Agreement for Digital Data Sharing between Klickitat County and Selliken Systems for specific data to be used for geocoding new to market real estate listings.
8) Settlement Agreement between Klickitat County and Alvin F. Heany Jr. for a water source and temporary stockpile of clearing and grubbing debris, and pit run rock as may be required by the County for the purpose of reconstructing portions of Courtney Road, County Road No. 11700.
9) Interagency Agreement between State of Washington/Washington State Patrol and Klickitat County (Department of Emergency Management) to provide equipment to law enforcement (sheriff and police departments) for enhanced capabilities for detecting, deterring, disrupting and preventing acts of terrorism.
10) Amendment No. 1 to Interlocal Agreement C05005 between Klickitat County and Klickitat County Fire District No. 9 (Roosevelt) extending the terms of their community development grant from January 1, 2006 through December 31, 2006.
11) Request from the Building/Grounds Department for authorization to commence with the Non-Capital project of relocating the computer server room in the courthouse.
IX. (3:05): NEW BUSINESS:
X. (3:05): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XI. (3:10): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
XII. (3:30): OLD BUSINESS:
Executive Session: Personnel Director Lori Wolford: Bargaining unit negotiation update.
XIII. (4:15): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIV. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
01/17/2006 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
January 19, 2006
No workshops scheduled