03/14/2006 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
March 14, 2006
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
9:30 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Lobbyist Jim Potts: Telephone conference to provide legislative update
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/COMMENT:
Auditor Diana Pafford: Department update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
03/14/2006 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
March 14, 2006
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Bid Opening: Purchase of two (2) triple axle trailers for use by the Public Works Department.
Public Meeting: Consider approval of alteration of SP-99-17, Short Plat No. SPL2005-44; Applicant: Richard Robins.
Public Meeting: Consider the Planning Commission recommendation of approval, with conditions, for Preliminary Plat Application No. SUB2005-05; Applicant: Scott Nielsen.
VI. (2:00): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
VII. (2:00): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Agreement for Use of the Klickitat County Adult Correction and Detention Facility between Klickitat County and the City of Goldendale to provide suitable jail facilities and personnel for the booking and confinement of city prisoners effective January 1, 2006, terminating December 31, 2006.
2) Scheduling a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 at 1:30 PM to consider acceptance of road right-of-way for Foster Road and Pipeline Road, Short Plat No. SPL2006-01; Applicant: Bill Baxter.
3) Resolution in the matter of appointing Lindsay Miller (fiduciary member/county government) to a three year term on the Skamania Klickitat Family Service Network effective March 14, 2006, expiring December 31, 2008.
4) Resolution in the matter of reappointing Mike Woods to an additional six year term on the Klickitat County Board of Adjustment filling Position No. 1, representing Commissioner District No. 2, expiring January 1, 2012.
5) Scheduling public meetings as follows:
• Public Meeting to be held on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 at 1:30 PM to consider approval of Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2006-06; Applicant: Louis Huszar; and
• Public Meeting to be held on Tuesday, April 4, 2006 at 1:30 PM to consider acceptance of road right-of-way on Short Plat No. 2005-26; Applicant: Tad Blouin.
6) Scheduling a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 1:30 PM to consider a Shoreline Substantial Development Permit No. SH-2006-01, Applicant: Port of Klickitat, for the proposed construction of Building 1E portions of which will be within 140’ and proposed parking areas will be within 65’ of the Bingen Marine water body to the north. The property is located within a portion of Section 32, Township 3 North, Range 11 East, W.M. (Bingen Point Property.)
7) State of Washington County Road Administration Rural Arterial Program Certification of Road Fund Expenditures for Traffic Law Enforcement certifying the amount spent for traffic law enforcement during the 2005 budget year was $0.0.
8) Annual Certification for calendar year 2005 certifying that the management of the county road department was in accordance with the applicable statutes and the policies set by the county legislative authority.
9) Washington State County Road Administration Board Certification of Road Fund expenditures for Fish Passage Barrier Removal certifying the amount spent for fish passage barrier removal outside county rights-of-way during the 2005 calendar year.
10) Klickitat County (Public Works Department) Notice of Day Labor Costs expended in 2005 for road projects totaling $1,070,577 in accordance with RCW 36.77.070.
11) Request for concurrence to award bid and enter into Small Works Contract SMW #120 to Petersen Brothers Inc. in the amount of $9,472.50 for 2006 countywide guardrail repair.
12) Request submitted by the Sheriff’s Department to accept the bid proposal from Performance Power Concepts LLC. in the amount of $14,700.28 for installation of a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) system for the dispatch center. There is a separate bid quote for installation of the UPS electrical system from Coburn Electric, Inc in the amount of $2,289.00 including sales tax. Total project cost of $16,989.28.
13) Collection Services Agreement between Klickitat County (Health Department) and Evergreen Financial Services, Inc. for collection of unpaid accounts with fees assessed for collection services to be paid by the debtor.
14) Amendment No. 7 to the 2005-2006 Consolidated Contract between the State of Washington Department of Health and Klickitat County, Contract No. C13038, to make necessary changes within the scope of the contract.
15) Amendment No. 4 to the Water Resource Inventory Area 31 Service Agreement No. C02404 between Klickitat County and Aspect Consulting increasing the scope of work to include an assessment of the costs of upgrading existing water conveyance systems in WRIA 31 for purposes of water storage.
VIII. (2:15): OLD BUSINESS:
IX. (2:15): DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Personnel Director Lori Wolford: WSAC/Labor and Industries Retrospective Rating Pool program update.
X. (2:30): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
XI. (2:45): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:00): NEW BUSINESS:
Annual meeting of the Klickitat County Public Corporation
XIII (3:10): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIV. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
03/14/2006 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
March 16, 2006
No workshops scheduled