03/21/2006 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
March 21, 2006
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Economic Development Department Update
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
03/21/2006 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
March 21, 2006
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
VI. (1:30): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
VII. (1:30): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Auditor Diana Pafford: Department update.
(1:45): Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
VIII. (2:00): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Agreement for Digital Data Sharing between Klickitat County and Orion Energy, LLC. for specific digital data compiled by the Public Works Department to use as a base map for reference and mapping purposes.
2) Resolution in the matter of establishing a “petty” cash fund for the Building & Grounds Department (Pioneer Center) in the amount of $25.00 to pay for regular and ongoing minor disbursements.
3) Resolution in the matter of denying authorization to the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of the nuisance on Parcel No. 04-13-2350-1309/00; Mary Stolt as the nuisance no longer exists.
4) Resolution in the matter of denying authorization to the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of the nuisance on Parcel No. 04-13-2350-1310/00; Jeff Cummings as the nuisance no longer exists.
5) Agreement for Digital Data Sharing between Klickitat County and Ecology and Environmental Inc. for specific digital data compiled by the Public Works Department to be used to comply with the Klickitat County Energy Overlay Zone permit application to provide parcel information including ownership of land proposed for the Windy Point Wind Energy Project and adjacent land ownership. In addition, data may be used for preparing information for the SEPA Checklist and Environmental Report.
6) Authorization to begin the hiring process for the following:
• Temporary Flaggers and Weigh Person (9 Positions total)
• Temporary Summer Labor-Students (5 Positions total).
7) Recommendation and request from the Building/Grounds Department to proceed with the relocation and upgrade of the computer server room by installation of new ventilation equipment and installation/modification of the electrical for a total cost including sales tax of $7,753.48.
8) Preventative Maintenance Agreement between Klickitat County and Pacific Power Products (formerly Pacific Detroit Diesel-Allison) for maintenance of the standby generators located at the Courthouse and at the Pioneer Center at an annual cost of $2,100.00 plus applicable sales tax.
9) Community Development Block Grant Grantee Closeout Performance Report, Grant #04-640104-017, Pioneer Center Project for the project period of March 26, 2004 through June 30, 2006.
10) Resolution in the matter of granting the Public Works Department authorization to purchase two (2) new triple axle trailers from the Halton Company as bid in the amount of $59,847.65.
11) Agreement between Klickitat County and Windtricity Ventures, LLC for reimbursement of costs and fees associated with processing an Energy Overlay Zone application and SEPA checklist for a wind power project located approximately fifteen (15) miles southeast of Goldendale in unincorporated Klickitat County pursuant to Klickitat County Code 2.72.020.
12) Scheduling public meetings as follows:
Public Meeting to be held on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 at 1:30 PM:
• Consideration for approval of Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2006-04; Applicant: Louis Huszar; AND
Public Meeting to be held on Tuesday, April 4, 2006 at 1:30 PM:
• Consideration for approval of Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2006-02; Applicant: Bryan Mitchell.
13) County Program Agreement Amendment No. 5 to the contract between the Department of Social and Health Services, Health and Rehabilitative Services Administration, Division of Alcohol and Substance Abuse, Agreement No. 0363-28175, and Klickitat County (Health Department) to allow in increase in the State Grant-In-Aid by $949.
14) Contract between the Washington State Military Department and Klickitat County, Contract #E06-310, wherein the Department of Homeland Security, Office of Domestic Preparedness, is providing funds to local government to enhance the preparedness of the nation to combat terrorism and to meet the equipment needs of local emergency responders.
15) Recommendation and request from the Building/Grounds Department to proceed with the removal of sod from the ball field located in the Dallesport Park for use by the community with a total project cost of $840.00. Funds were not allocated for this project in the 2006 Building/Grounds budget.
16) Scheduling a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 to consider dismissal of two appeals previously filed relating to Environmental review for Short Plats No.’s SPL2005-20 and SPL2005-21: Appellant: Washington State Fish and Wildlife; Applicant: Todd Collins and Jacomijn Klinkenberg.
IX. (2:15): NEW BUSINESS:
X. (2:15): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XI. (3:00): OLD BUSINESS:
Public Hearing/Continued/Closed to Further Public Testimony: Furtherr an application for reclassification from Open Space Farm and Agriculture Current Use Classification to Open Space Open Space Land Current Use, Parcel #(s): 03-12-2100-0001/00; Application No. #OS-OS-2005-03; Applicant: John Hadley and Laura Green, involving 20 Acres.
XII. (3:15): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
03/21/2006 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
March 23, 2006
No workshops scheduled