07/18/2006 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
July 18, 2006
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Glen Chipman, Chief Financial Officer/Interim Economic Development Department Director: Department update. Part of the session may be an Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110 (1) (g) to evaluate the qualifications of applicants for public employment for the Economic Development Director position.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
07/18/2006 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
July 18, 2006
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Bid Opening: Improvements to 0.72 miles of Thompson Road, County Road Number 26920, CRP #270, by excavation, grading, installing drainage structures, providing and placing road surface and other related work. Approximate project cost is estimated to be between $140,000 and $160,000.
Public Meeting: Consider approval for the alteration of Lot 3, Sp-99-23, Short Plat No. SPL2005-45; Applicant: Ed Coleman.
Public Hearing: Consider a road right-of-way variance, reducing the 60’ requirement to 40’ on a proposed short plat; Applicant: Brian Sigley.
VI. (2:15): ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
County Auditor Diana Pafford: Auditor Department update.
VII. (2:30): OLD BUSINESS:
Findings, conclusions and decision in support of Board motion on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 regarding an appeal to the Planning Commission’s recommendation, Preliminary Plat No. SUB2006-01 (Columbia Vineyard Estates); Appellant: Brad Gearhart and to adopt recommendations of the Planning Commission and grant preliminary approval with modifications to the conditions.
VIII. (3:00): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Non-Capital Projects list change reflecting addition of the rebuilding/resurfacing of Pioneer Place at the Pioneer Center in White Salmon to the 2006 project list at a cost of $20,000.00 and defer the Annex I new exterior upgrade project ($20,000) to the 2007 Non-capital project list.
2) Resolution in the matter of declaring certain equipment/inventory within the Technical Services Department as surplus and removed from that department’s inventory list for disposal by donation to various Klickitat County Fire Districts.
3) Interagency Agreement No. C061170FED between the Washington State Patrol and Klickitat County (Sheriff’s Office) for marijuana eradication support effective January 1, 2006 through December 31, 2006.
4) Contract between the Washington State Department of Community, Trade and Economic Development Local Government Division, Safe and Drug-Free Communities Unit/Community Mobilization Program, Contract No. M07-66100-118 and Klickitat County (Health Department) to provide funds for communities to reduce the incidence of substance abuse and violence for youth and families.
5) Contract between Klickitat County (Health Department) and Washington Gorge Action Program to provide a Healthy Youth Adventures Program at the White Salmon Youth Center.
6) 2005-2006 Consolidated Contract Amendment No. 10, Contract #C13038, between the State Department of Health and Klickitat County (Health Department) adding funds to various programs.
7) County Program Agreement between the Department of Social and Health Services/Health and Recovery Services, Agreement No. 0663-97792, and Klickitat County (Health Department) to provide a Family Planning Provider (public health nurse/32 to 40 hours per week) in the White Salmon and Goldendale Community Service Offices.
8) Resolution and Interlocal Agreement granting funds to the Klickitat County Water Conservancy Board in the amount of $12,000 to fund its activities conducted pursuant to the laws, rules, and regulations governing water conservancy boards in the State of Washington.
9) Resolution and letter reappointing Cal Edwards to an additional six (6) year term on the Klickitat County Water Conservancy Board as a non-water right holder effective August 1, 2006, terminating July 31, 2012.
10) Resolution in the matter of designating a portion of fund balance of certain funds to be used for cash flow purposes.
11) Approval of the Capital Improvement project list to increase the Trout Lake Park electrical site installation project budget and decrease the Annex 1 ADA Door Installation and Fairgrounds Irrigation Projects (which came in under budget), and approval of a Small Works Project with Coburn Electric for the Trout Lake Project.
12) Resolution in the matter of correcting the pay range of the Grounds Attendant and revising the Public Works Department Organizational Chart.
13) Amendment No. 5 to the Grant Agreement No. G-2851 between the State of Washington, Office of the Secretary of State, Elections Division, and Klickitat County (Auditor’s Office) awarding $42,000 for the printing of pamphlets, voter education material costs and new folding machines to reduce the costs of mailings of election materials and ballots.
14) Property Disposition Services Agreement between Klickitat County (Sheriff’s Department) and PropertyRoom.com, Inc. for the auction and disposition of personal property. PropertyRoom.com proposes to come to the Sheriff’s Department, pick up items to be disposed of to be then offered on an on-line, 24/7s internet auction, with proceeds being sent back to Klickitat County on a monthly basis.
IX. (3:10): ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
X. (3:20): NEW BUSINESS:
XI. (3:20): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:25): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
07/18/2006 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
July 20, 2006
No workshops scheduled