08/01/2006 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
August 1, 2006
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Glen Chipman, Chief Financial Officer/Interim Economic Development Department Director: Department update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
08/01/2006 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
August 1, 2006
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Meeting: Consider approval for the boundary line adjustment to Lots 36 & 37, West Roosevelt Addition, Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2006-17; Applicant: Dean Mitchell.
Public Hearing: Consider the Klickitat River Watershed Management Plan.
VI. (2:00): ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
County Auditor Diana Pafford: Auditor Department update.
VII. (2:15): DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENTS:
Public Health Director Kevin Barry: Amendment to the Health Department Organizational Chart to hire Public Health Nurse.
VIII. (2:20): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Interlocal Agreement to establish the South Central Workforce Development Council as a non-profit corporation and to designate the South Central Workforce Development Council as the fiscal and administrative agent of the South Central Consortium effective August 1, 2006.
2) Scheduling public meetings for 1:30 PM on Tuesday, August 8, 2006 as follows: Consider Planning Commission recommendation for Rezone Request ZON2006-03; Applicant: Doug Grunke, Stephen Anderson, and Matt Anderson, and Consider Planning Commission recommendation for Rezone Request ZON2006-04; Applicant: Marvin Norris.
3) Scheduling public meetings for 1:30 PM on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 as follows: Consider approval of alteration to Short Plat WS-125, Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2006-11; Applicant: Patricia Kreps, and Consider approval of redivision of Lot 4, SP-94-05, Short Plat No. SPL2005-23; Applicant: Danny Jeffries.
4) Resolution in the matter of declaring certain equipment/inventory within the Technical Services Department as surplus to be removed from that department’s inventory list for disposal by donation to the Columbia Gorge Regional Airport.
5) Contract No. 06-07-TSB-07 between the Human Services Council/Transportation Services Brokerage and Klickitat County (Senior Services) to assure the provision of medical transportation services and senior transportation to eligible residents in Klickitat County.
6) Resolution in the matter of changing the status of the Administrations Assistant I – Elections position in the Auditor’s Office from 1.0 FTE to 0.8 FTE, effective August 1, 2006.
7) Voting System Agreement between Diebold Election Systems and Klickitat County (Auditor’s Office) for purchase of Disability Access Units.
8) Amendment No. 1 to the Voting System Agreement between Diebold Election Systems and Klickitat County (Auditor’s Office) for the update to the Diebold Accuvote Optical Scan machines to a visible light.
9) Agreement for Digital Data Sharing between Klickitat County and the Pittmon Map Company for specific digital data compiled by the Public Works Department in an ArcView “shape” file format.
10) Agreement for Digital Data Sharing between Klickitat County and Williams Northwest Pipeline for specific digital data compiled by the Public Works Department in an ArcView “shape” file format.
11) Proposal and Contract between Klickitat County and Pioneer Surveying and Engineering, Inc. to survey Fisher Hill Road. Contract amount is $32,130.00 and work is to be completed by October 15, 2006.
12) County Program Agreement – Juvenile Accountability Block Grant between Klickitat County (Juvenile Department) and the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Juvenile Rehabilitation, starting July 1, 2006 and ending June 30, 2007.
IX. (2:25): OLD BUSINESS:
X. (2:25): NEW BUSINESS:
XI. (2:25): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
XII. (2:45): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XIII. (3:00): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIV. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 10:30 AM on Thursday, August 3, 2006 for scheduled workshops.
08/01/2006 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
August 3, 2006:
10:30/11:30 Discuss and review the proposed draft “outdoor festival” ordinance.
11:30/12:00 Port Commissioner Norm Deo: Discuss port management.