08/22/2006 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
August 22, 2006
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Mike Canon Economic Development Department Director: Department update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
08/22/2006 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
August 22, 2006
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Meetings: Consider approval of alteration to Short Plat WS-125, Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2006-11; Applicant: Patricia Kreps.
Public Meetings: Consider approval of re-division of Lot 4, SP-94-05, Short Plat No. SPL2005-23; Applicant: Danny Jeffries.
Public Meeting: Consider approval of alteration to Lot 2 of SP-90-03 and Lot 2 of SPL2005-03, Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2006-16; Applicants: William and Heather Whidden, and Eric Skemp.
VI. (2:00): ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
County Auditor Diana Pafford: Auditor Department update.
VII. (2:15): NEW BUSINESS:
Roxie Hunter, Klickitat PUD Grant Administrator: Klickitat Wastewater CDBG Grant - Transfer of Funds.
VIII. (2:30): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
Jessica Geenen, Community Engagement Liaison with Trident Exploration: Introduction and briefing on gas exploration and drilling activities planned within in the County.
IX. (2:45): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Request for variance to the annual burn ban as requested by Hancock Forest Management (formerly The Campbell Group) for their 10th annual “pig roast” to be held at their office at Camp Draper, Glenwood, Washington effective from 5:00 PM on Thursday, September 14, 2006 to 5:00 PM on Friday, September 15, 2006.
2) Resolution in the matter of denying the Code Compliance Officer authorization to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of a nuisance on Parcel No. 03-21-1751-0602/00 as the nuisance no longer exists.
3) Resolution in the matter of denying the Code Compliance Officer authorization to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of a nuisance on Parcel No. 03-21-1751-0702/00 as the nuisance no longer exists.
4) Interlocal Communications/Dispatch Services Agreement between Klickitat County and the City of White Salmon to provide complete dispatching services to the City effective January 1, 2007, terminating December 31, 2007.
5) Memorandum of Agreement between Goldendale School District #404 and Klickitat County making the District’s physical facilities and grounds available to the Health Department for use as a mass distribution center for distribution of pharmaceuticals, mass vaccination center, or other related emergency purposes. This agreement shall be valid for a period of five years from the last signature date on the agreement.
6) Underwood Conservation District request for county support and signature on a “Landowner Willingness Form” allowing use of two county parcels to conduct surveys and outreach activities regarding the New Zealand Mud Snail which is an invasive species.
7) Scheduling a public meeting for 1:30 PM on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 to consider the Planning Commission’s recommendation for approval for a zoning amendment to the General Industrial Zone.
8) Local Agency Agreement between Klickitat County and the Washington State Department of Transportation for repair of slide damage to the BZ Glenwood Highway.
9) Resolution in the matter of appointing a member to the Water Resource Inventory Area 31 Planning Unit.
10) Amendment A to Task Order No. 10 of the Technical Services Agreement between Klickitat County and Watershed Professionals Network (WPN) Agreement No. C24803, effective August 1, 2006.
11) Scheduling a bid opening for 1:30 PM on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 for the abatement of a nuisance on Parcel No. 05-18-3100-0001/00.
12) Request to enter into a contract with the Motorola Company to engineer nine radio sites to implement the County’s Emergency Management radio plan.
X. (2:50): ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1) ( i).
XI. (3:10): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII (3:30): BUDGET WORKSHOP:
Chief Financial Officer Glen Chipman: Kay Carr, County Fair 2007 preliminary budget.
XIII. (4:00): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIV. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
08/22/2006 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
August 24, 2006
No workshops scheduled