10/10/2006 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
October 10, 2006
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
9:30 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Executive Session: Teleconference with Special Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Steve DiJulio to discuss a pending appeal and potential litigation in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Mike Canon Economic Development Department Director: Department update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
10/10/2006 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
October 10, 2006
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Bid Opening: “2006 Sanding Materials”.
Public Meeting: Consider acceptance of road right-of-way dedication (Zelinski Road, N. Harris Road and Counts Road), Short Plat No. SPL2006-14; Applicant: TP Development (Greg Haerr)
Public Meeting: Consider acceptance of road right-of-way dedication (Zelinski Road), Short Plat No. SPL2006-29; Applicant: TP Development (Greg Haerr).
Public Meeting: Consider approval of short plat alteration, Short Plat No. SPL2006-24; Applicant: Tim Carse/Walter Muth.
(2:00): Public Hearing: Consider the Watershed Management Plan for Western Water Resource Inventory Area 29 (Western WRIA 29).
VI. (2:30): ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
County Auditor Diana Pafford: Auditor Department update,
(2:50): Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
VII. (3:10): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
VIII. (3:10): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Small Works Contract RM-7005 between Klickitat County and King Hydroseeding in the amount of $16,164.00 for the seeding, fertilizing and mulching of various county roadsides and quarry sites.
2) Professional Services Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Health Department) through the March of Dimes and Cheryl Patton to provide Tobacco Cessation Classes to pregnant women, women of childbearing age and their family members.
3) Personal Services Contract Agreement between Klickitat County (Juvenile Department) and Lisa Bjelland, M.S.W. to provide individual/family/group counseling services to Juvenile Department clientele and/or their parents/guardians/custodians.
4) Alternate Work Schedule for an Environmental Health Specialist position in the Public Health Department.
5) State of Washington, Department of Trade and Economic Development A19-1A Invoice Voucher/Reimbursement Request #4 for the Klickitat Wastewater Project in the amount of $824,423.82 with the Klickitat County Public Utility District No. 1 being the subrecipient.
6) Local Agency Standard Consultant Agreement between Klickitat County and Landslide Technology for geotechnical engineering investigation, design and construction assistance to treat and stabilize roadway embankment, and fill slope at the slide on the BZ Glenwood Highway.
IX. (3:15): OLD BUSINESS:
Personnel Director Lori Wolford: 2006-2008 Collectively Bargained Agreement between Klickitat County and Council 2, Washington State, Council of County and City Employees Covering Klickitat County Deputy Sheriff’s/Uniformed Employees.
Ordinance in support of the Board’s decision made during a public meeting on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 to summarily accept the findings, conclusions and recommendations of the Planning Commission and approve amendments to the Klickitat County Zoning Regulations relating to uses allowed in the “General Industrial District”.
X. (3:25): NEW BUSINESS:
XI. (3:25): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:30): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 10:30 AM on Thursday, October 12, 2006 for scheduled workshops.
10/10/2006 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
October 12, 2006:
10:30/12:00 Executive Session: Annual Performance Evaluation
1:30/2:00 Building and Code Compliance Director Skip Grimes and Code Compliance Officer Joyce DeVries: Nuisance Abatement.
2:00/4:00 Chief Financial Officer Glen Chipman: 2007 Budget Workshops and department organizational issues.