10/17/2006 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
October 17, 2006
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Mike Canon Economic Development Department Director: Department update.
10:45 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
10/17/2006 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
October 17, 2006
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Meeting: Consider acceptance of road right-of-way dedication (Knight Road), Short Plat No. SPL2006-37; Applicant: James Farrer.
Public Meeting: Consider acceptance of road right-of-way dedication (Pine Forest Road and Knight Road), Short Plat No. SPL2006-38; Applicant: James Farrer.
Public Meeting: Consider approval of alteration to Lot 1, SP-97-12, Short Plat No. SPL2006-28; Applicant: John Wendt.
Public Meeting: Consider approval of alteration to Lot 2, BLA2006-06, Short Plat No. SPL2006-20; Applicant: Louis Huszar.
Public Meeting: Consider approval of short plat alteration, Short Plat No. SPL2006-24; Applicant: Tim Carse/Walter Muth.
VI. (2:15): ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
County Auditor Diana Pafford: Auditor Department update,
(2:30): Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
VII. (2:45): OLD BUSINESS:
Juvenile Court Administrator Keith Anderson: Request for approval of a travel authorization for Gale Gorrod, outgoing CASA Coordinator, to attend an upcoming CASA Conference in Yakima as well as a request to grant the Juvenile Court Administrator authorization to approve necessary travel for the new CASA Coordinator.
VIII. (3:00): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Resolution in the matter of appointing Bonnie J. Reynolds to Position #6 on the Fort Vancouver Regional Library Board of Trustees representing Klickitat County. Appointment is for a seven-year term effective January 1, 2007, expiring December 31, 2013.
2) Scheduling public meetings to be held at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 as follows: Consider approval of alteration to Lot 4, SPL2001-0007, Boundary Line Adjustment, BLA2006-12; Applicant: Paul Gregg, and Consider Planning Commission’s recommendation of approval for Rezone Request No. ZON2006-05; Applicant: Art Mains.
3) Trout Lake Park Volunteer Camp Host Agreement between Klickitat County and Mary L. Yeck to serve as “camp host” with a minimum of a 30-day stay required with a minimum of 28 volunteer hours per week.
4) Notice of Proposed Title III Project and scheduling of a public meeting to be held at 1:30 PM on December 12, 2006 to consider a proposal to utilize funds available under title III of Public Law 106-303 for fire prevention planning efforts of the Trout Lake Fire District No. 1.
5) Resolution in the matter of appointing Judith Y. Self to the Klickitat-Skamania Family Service Network sponsored by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services as a fiduciary member. Appointment will be to complete an unexpired three (3) year term effective October 17, 2006, and expiring June 30, 2008.
6) Scheduling a public meeting for 1:30 PM on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 to consider approval of alteration to Lots 3-6, Block 24, Plat of Bickleton, Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2006-14; Applicant: Luann Clark Buffam.
7) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Public Works Department to accept the bid and purchase maintenance sand from Bishop Red Rock, Inc. in the amount of $14,177.00 including sales tax.
8) Amendment No. 9 to the Professional Services Agreement between Klickitat County and Air Sciences, Inc. to provide air quality consulting services related to air quality issues. This amendment revises the scope of work required for the third and final phase of the Gorge Airshed study, extends the completion date of this contract to December 31, 2007 and will allow an additional expenditure of $20,000.
9) Two Administrative Offers authorizing Right-of-Way Associates, Inc. to proceed with the acquisition of property and property rights for easements for the Dallesport wastewater collection system.
IX. (3:10): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
X. (3:10): NEW BUSINESS:
XI. (3:10): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:30): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 1:00 PM on Thursday, October 19, 2006 for scheduled workshops.
10/17/2006 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
October 19, 2006
1:00/3:00 Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith and Assistant County Engineer Bjorn Hedges: Post-hearing review of the draft Six Year Road Improvement Program.