01/23/2007 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
January 23, 2007
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Mike Canon Economic Development Department Director: Department update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
01/23/2007 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
January 23, 2007
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Meeting: Consider approval of alteration to Lot 1, of amended SP-87-08 and BL-89-07, Short Plat No. SPL2006-74; Applicant: Michael Lutz.
VI. (1:45): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Scheduling two public meetings for 1:30 PM on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 to consider the following: Approval of alteration to lots within North Lake Acres #3, unrecorded plat, Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2006-23; Applicant: Andrew Ford, AND Acceptance of road right-of-way dedication (Jennings Road) and approval of road construction bond, Short Plat No. SPL2006-49; Applicant: Robert VanAlstine.
2) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of the nuisance on Parcel No. 06-20-2250-1603/00 – Max and Chris Taylor.
3) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of the nuisance on Parcel No. 04-12-1151-0031/00 – John Hause.
4) Resolution in the matter of denying authorization to the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of the nuisance on Parcel No. 03-10-0251-0229/00 – Darold E. Ward as the nuisance no longer exits.
5) Settlement Agreement between Klickitat County and Carol J. Callihan for acquisition of right-of-way required for the purpose of reconstruction of a portion of Snowden Road.
6) Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and Klickitat County Public Utility District No. 1 wherein the PUD agrees to reimburse the County for the cost of construction or maintenance work to be performed by the County for the PUD.
7) Scheduling a public meeting for Tuesday, January 30, 2007 at 1:30 PM to consider approval of alteration to Lot 1, McIlroy Creek Subdivision, SUB2001-00002, Short Plat No. SPL2006-77; Applicant: Rick Graves.
8) Alternative work schedule for an Appraiser position within the Assessor’s Office.
9) Federal Transit Administration certifications and assurances related to the FTA Capital Assistance Contract and the FTA Operating Assistance contract.
10) Resolution in the matter of Oak Ridge Road/Preliminary Engineering, County Road No. 16390, County Road Project No. 277, Road Program No. 2007-22.
11) WSAC (Washington State Association of Counties) Financial Services Corporation Inmate Medical Claims Administration Program Enrollment.
12) Resolution in the matter of increasing the West District Court judge’s full-time equivalency from a .44 FTE to a .54 FTE due to the case load and adopting a revised organizational chart for West District Court.
13) Resolution in the matter of reclassifying the Courtroom Assistant, Range 7 position in East District Court to Administrative Assistant I, Range 9 and to increase the East District Court judge’s full-time equivalency from a .60 FTE to a .70 FTE due to the case load and adopting a revised organizational chart for East District Court.
14) Resolution in the matter of increasing the hours of the Juvenile Probation Counselor I-Civil position in the Juvenile Department from 35 to 40 hours a week due to case load and adopting a revised organizational chart for Superior Court/Juvenile Court.
15) Scheduling a public meeting for Tuesday, January 30, 2007 at 1:30 PM to consider the Planning Commission’s recommendation to approve Rezone Application No. ZON2006-07; Applicant: Loren Blake.
16) Request from the Adult Probation Department to purchase a Work Crew Trailer from Buz’s Equipment Trailers, Inc., Vancouver, WA in the amount of $8,895.63, including sales tax.
17) Washington State Department of Transportation Local Agency Federal Aid Project Prospectus for the Harms Bridge Replacement project.
18) Washington State Department of Transportation Local Agency Federal Aid Project Prospectus for the Rock Creek Bridge Replacement project.
19) Washington State Department of Transportation Local Agency Federal Aid Project Prospectus for the Wahkiacus Bridge Replacement project.
VII. (2:00): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
Candy Didier, Director, Klickitat County Services, Central Washington Comprehensive Mental Health: Programs Update.
(2:30): Columbia River Gorge Commission Executive Director Jill Arens and Kenn Adcock, Gorge Commission Member representing Klickitat County: Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area programs/plans update.
VIII. (3:00): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Joint litigation and confidentiality agreement between Klickitat County and Public Utility District No. 1, and pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
IX. (3:15): OLD BUSINESS:
Building and Code Compliance Director Skip Grimes: Pioneer Center Artwork RFP/bids.
X. (3:30): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XI. (3:35): NEW BUSINESS:
Natural Resources Department Director Dave McClure: Request for Proposals for Watershed Plan Implementation Services for WRIA 30.
XII. (3:35): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
01/23/2007 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
January 25, 2007:
No workshops scheduled