01/30/2007 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
January 30, 2007
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Solid Waste Director Tim Hopkinson: Department update.
11:30 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
County Auditor Brenda Sorensen: Department update
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
01/30/2007 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
January 30, 2007
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Meeting: Consideration for approval of alteration to lots within North Lake Acres #3, unrecorded plat, Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2006-23; Applicants: Andrew Ford and Waldo Thomas.
Public Meeting: Consideration for acceptance of road right-of-way dedication (Jennings Road) and approval of road construction bond, Short Plat No. SPL2006-49; Applicant: Dean Enterprises represented by Robert VanAlstine.
Public Meeting: Consider approval of alteration to Lot 1, McIlroy Creek Subdivision, SUB2001-00002, Short Plat No. SPL2006-77; Applicant: Rick Graves.
Public Meeting: Consider the Planning Commission recommendation to approve Rezone Application No. ZON2006-07; Applicants: Loren and DeAnn Blake
Public Meeting: Consider approval of alteration of Lot 1, SPL2001-00011, Short Plat No. SPL2006-75; Applicant: George Hysmith.
VI. (2:10): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
VII. (2:10): OLD BUSINESS:
Planning Director Curt Dreyer: Resolution remanding the SEPA determination with regard to the proposed Accessory Dwelling Unit Ordinance to the SEPA Responsible Official and indefinitely table consideration of the proposal for adoption until the proposal is rewritten and reviewed by the Planning Commission in public hearings.
VIII. (2:20): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Title VI Certification that Klickitat County is in compliance with specific laws and regulations as a requirement for the CDBG Grant for the High Prairie Fire Hall/Community Center Project.
2) Interlocal Funding Assistance Agreement between Klickitat County and Washington Gorge Action Programs formerly Klickitat Skamania Development Council granting operating funds of $15,000.00 to the Bingen/White Salmon Community Youth Center for the 2007 budget year.
3) Resolution in the matter of designating County Mental Health Professionals and adding twelve individuals to the list through January 31, 2008.
4) Resolution calling for bid proposals and scheduling a bid opening to be held at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, April 3, 2007 to designate the official county newspaper for advertising of all legal notices and delinquent tax lists as well as all notices to be published by newspapers of general circulation in Klickitat County per the RCW.
5) Professional Services Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Health Department) and White Salmon Valley School District for the purpose of providing substance abuse prevention services within the county.
6) Contract Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Health Department) and Merit Resource Services for the purpose of providing substance abuse prevention services within the county.
7) Resolution in the matter of appointing Larry Barker of Goldendale, Washington to serve as a member on the Klickitat County Substance Abuse Advisory Board representing Commissioner District No. 2.
8) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Public Works Department to purchase a utility vehicle from Frontier Ford, Anacortes, Washington, as per the Washington State contract in the amount of $17,437.62 including tax.
9) Interlocal Agreement for Preparation of a Community Wildfire Protection Plan, Phase II, between Klickitat County and Klickitat County Rural Fire Protection District No. 1 (Trout Lake) to assist with the funding of a local Community Wildfire Protection Plan-Phase II for the district.
10) Resolution in the matter of clarifying and declining participation in the Washington State Homeless Act as allowed per RCW 43.185C.080 (3).
11) Resolution in the matter of establishing a loan in the amount of $150,000 from the Cumulative Reserve Fund #125 to the Emergency Management Fund #127 to meet cash flow needs pending receipt of Homeland Security grant funds to cover cash flow to pay warrants for equipment purchases.
12) Interagency Agreement, WSP No. C070802FED, between the Washington State Patrol and Klickitat County (Emergency Management) to provide law enforcement with enhanced capabilities for detecting, deterring, disrupting and preventing acts of terrorism.
13) Amendment B to Contract No. E06-011 between the Washington State Military Department and Klickitat County (Emergency Management) to provide funds through the Department of Homeland Security, Office of Domestic Preparedness to enhance the capabilities of state and local units of government to prevent, deter, respond to, and recover from incidents of terrorism.
14) Human Services Council Contract Instruction #CI-TSB-Klickitat County Senior Services-2006-2007-03, amending Contract No. 06-07-MTB-KCSS-07 with the Medicaid Transportation Brokerage to provide Medicaid Transportation in the July 2006-June 2007 contract period.
15) Revision of the 2007 Buildings and Grounds Non-Capital project list to remove the Sheriff’s Office auto/entry buzzer project to be replaced by the Sheriff’s Office remodel project.
16) Recommendation and request from the Building/Grounds Department to accept the proposal submitted by Hire Electric to perform the upgrades to the emergency backup generator to provide the needed power to the Pioneer Center during power outages in an estimated amount of $9,984.00 including applicable sales tax.
17) Recommendation and request from the Public Works Department to accept the proposal and award a small works project to Bruce Schmid in the amount of $3,500 to salvage and/or clean-up the windstorm damage debris from 46 fallen trees at the Trout Lake Park.
18) Contract between Klickitat County and the Washington State Department of Community Trade and Economic Development, for Klickitat County to administer a $389,000.00 Community Development Block Grant for the High Prairie Fire Hall and Community Center.
IX. (2:30): NEW BUSINESS:
X. (2:30): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1) ( i).
(2:45): Sheriff Rick McComas: Department Update and pending personnel issues some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110 (1) (g).
XI. (3:45): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:50): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
01/30/2007 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
February 1, 2007:
No workshops scheduled