02/13/2007 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
February 13, 2007
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
County Auditor Brenda Sorensen: Department update
11:15 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
Sheriff Rick McComas: Department Update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
02/13/2007 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
February 13, 2007
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Meeting: Consider approval of alteration of Lot 4, SUB2005-01 (Amour Estates Subdivision), Short Plat No. SPL2006-73; Applicant: Todd Douthit.
Public Meeting: Consider approval of alteration of Lot 1, SP-87-08 and BL-89-07, Short Plat No. SPL2006-74; Applicant: Michael Lutz.
VI. (1:45): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Resolution in the matter of clarifying and declining participation in the Washington State Homeless Act as allowed per RCW 43.185C.080 (3). Although the County desires to reduce homelessness County staff lacks the experience and expertise to oversee a homeless housing program.
2) Environmental Review Record (NEPA/SEPA) for the Klickitat County Fire District #14 Fire Hall and Community Center, Washington Community Development Block Grant, Project #06-64006-053 of which Klickitat County is the lead agency.
3) Resolution in the matter of appointing Kathleen McCuistion of White Salmon, Washington to a three (3) year term on the Columbia Gorge Housing Authority representing Klickitat County.
4) Scheduling a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 at 1:30 PM to consider approval of alteration of Lot 2, BL-91-07, Short Plat No. SPL2006-69; Applicant: Tao Berman.
5) Notice and invitation to bidders scheduling a bid opening to be held at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 for the purchase of one (1) new Excavator by the Public Works Department.
6) Request from the Senior Services Department for authorization to purchase a computer key board for the Senior Services Department for use in conjunction with an existing notebook computer.
7) Resolution in the matter of establishing equipment rental rates for the Equipment Rental and Revolving Fund effective February 1, 2007.
8) Agreement between Klickitat County and Delta Petroleum Corporation for reimbursement of costs and fees associated with processing a conditional use permit application and SEPA checklist for establishing an exploratory gas well and gravel access road in the southeast area of the County.
9) Resolution in the matter of declaring one (1) 1989 Ford E350 Econoline Van, Serial #1FDXKE30G6KHB82358, License #15780C as surplus to be removed from the Senior Services Department inventory for sale and transfer to the Emergency Management Department at a cost of $2,148.04.
10) Request from the Planning Department and Sheriff E911 for authorization to accept the bid presented by Electronic Data Solutions for the purchase of two (2) new Trimble Geo XT Standalone GPS units in the amount of $2,402.50 per unit plus applicable sales tax for a combined total $5,165.38 which is less trade-in allowance.
11) Klickitat County (Public Works Department) Notice of Day Labor Costs expended in 2006 for road projects totaling $983,900.00 in accordance with RCW 36.77.070.
12) Resolution in the matter accepting the resignation of Jim Sizemore from the Water Resource Planning and Advisory Committee for WRIA 30 as the primary representative of “livestock” grower interests and appointing Karl Amidon to serve in that position for a term of eleven (11) months, expiring December 31, 2007.
13) Preventative Maintenance Service Agreement renewal between Klickitat County and Pacific Power Products for maintenance of the standby generators located at the courthouse and Pioneer Center facilities.
VII. (2:00): NEW BUSINESS:
VIII. (2:00):.OLD BUSINESS:
Planning Director Curt Dreyer: Resolution remanding the SEPA determination with regard to the proposed Accessory Dwelling Unit Ordinance to the SEPA Responsible Official and indefinitely table consideration of the proposal for adoption until the proposal is rewritten and reviewed by the Planning Commission in public hearings.
IX. (2:30): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
X. (2:45): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XI. (3:00): MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS/COMMENTS:
John Stephens: Concerns with condition of Brewer Road.
XII. (3:30): BOARD PENDING:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 10:30 AM on Thursday, February 15, 2007 for scheduled workshops.
02/13/2007 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
February 15, 2007:
10:30/12:00 Ric Palmer, Superintendent, and Bickleton School Board Members: School district revenue/funding issues.
1:15/2:15 Executive Session: Annual Performance Evaluation
2:15/3:15 Executive Session: Annual Performance Evaluation