03/20/2007 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
March 20, 2007
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
9:30 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Lobbyist Jim Potts: Telephone conference to provide legislative update.
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department update
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Mike Canon Economic Development Department Director: Department update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
03/20/2007 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
March 20, 2007
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF BUSINESS AGENDA
III. APPROVAL OF COMMISSIONER MEETING MINUTES:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
COMMENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO SEVEN (7) MINUTES PER INDIVIDUAL.
V. (1:30): PUBLIC HEARINGS/PUBLIC MEETINGS/BID OPENINGS:
Public Meeting: Consider acceptance of road right-of-way dedication, Simcoe Mountain Road and Finn Ridge Road, Short Plat No. SPL2007-01; Applicant: Harteloo.
VI. (1:45): DEPARTMENT UPDATE/REPORT/COMMENT:
Building and Compliance Director Skip Grimes: Discuss pending personnel issue.
VII. (2:00): NEW BUSINESS:
High School Rodeo Team representatives: High School Rodeo – fairgrounds use fee (request for waiver or reduction).
VIII. (2:15): UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Resolution in support of Board decision on March 13, 2007 to approve alternative fencing resulting in a minor change to Condition No. 15 for Preliminary Plat No. SUB2006-03, Box Canyon Estates Subdivision (Goldendale Vicinity): Owner: Sunset Real Estate
IX. (2:20): CONSENT AGENDA:
1) Resolution in the matter of denying the Code Compliance Officer authorization to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of the nuisance on Parcel No. 02-13-1450-0004/00 – Daniel M. Stingl, Trustee, as the nuisance no longer exists.
2) Scheduling public meetings as follows: For Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 1:30 PM to consider approval of alteration of Lots 24, 25, 49, & 50, Block E, Plat of Fallbridge, BLA2007-02; Applicant; Keith Neal, AND For Tuesday, April 3, 2007 at 1:30 PM to consider removal of Forest Practice Application moratorium (FPA#2703619); Applicant; Michelle Mettert.
3) Agreement between Klickitat County and Roseland Property Group, LLC. for reimbursement of costs and fees associated with processing various land use approvals, potentially including an application for rezone and associated development regulation amendment, Critical Area review and a SEPA checklist for a mixed use project in the Dallesport area.
4) Washington State County Road Administration Board Certification of Road Fund expenditures for Fish Passage Barrier Removal certifying the amount spent for fish passage barrier removal outside county rights-of-way during the 2006 calendar year.
5) Annual Certification for calendar year 2006 certifying that the management of the county road department was in accordance with the applicable statutes and the policies set by the county legislative authority.
6) Settlement Agreement between Klickitat County and Powers Family Ranches, LLC. for reconstruction of a portion of Dot Road, County Road No. 37660, specific to removal and reconstruction of the owners fence.
7) Contract Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Health Department) and Glenwood School District for the purpose of providing substance abuse prevention services within the county.
8) Contract Amendment No. 4, Contract #0563-81117, between the State of Washington, Department of Health Services and Klickitat County to provide outreach to eligible low income families under the State Children’s Health Insurance Program.
9) Resolution in the matter appointing John “Jack” Kincheloe of Dallesport, Washington to the Klickitat County Fire District No. 6 (Dallesport) Board of Commissioners filling Position No. 3 which is vacant due to the resignation of Mary Brann.
10) Agreement between Recall Secure Destruction and Klickitat County (Prosecutors Office) to provide a shredding service for document shredding.
11) Agreement for Digital Data Sharing between Klickitat County and the City of Goldendale for specific digital data compiled by the Public Works Department in an ArcView “shape” file format.
12) Request from the Assessor’s Office for authorization to purchase AutoCad Lt. Software to allow coordination of the mapping of parcel segregations and other newly created parcels with the GIS System at a cost including sales tax of $611.32.
13) Authorization to begin the hiring process for Temporary Flaggers and a Weigh Person (6 Positions) at Range 5, Step A ($9.21 per hour), and Temporary/Student Engineering Assistants (3 Positions) at Range 8, Step A ($11.19 per hour).
14) Authorization to pay outside the base rate and placement at a Range 9, Step B ($12.25 per hour) of the 2007 County pay plan schedule, for Tiffany Messenger, Administrative Assistant I, within the Treasurer’s Office reflecting past years of office experience in the Sheriff’s Office.
15) Resolution in the matter of removing the court commissioner duties from the Court Administrator II position (Range 16) and reducing that position to a Court Administrator I (Range 15) due to the fact that the Court Commissioner certification will be lost with the retirement of the current employee and to adopt a revised organizational chart and job description for East District Court.
16) Resolution in the matter of scheduling a public hearing to be held at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 to consider a proposed vacation of that portion of the old alignment of Hale Road, County Road No. 46180 from Mile Post 4.98 to Mile Post 7.49.
17) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Public Works Department, ER&R, to award bid to Halton Tractor Company, Portland, Oregon for the purchase of a new Caterpillar 312 CL Excavator in the amount of $15,638.05 (original bid of $139,615 less trade-in of $125,000, plus sales tax of $1,023.05).
18) Request for concurrence and acceptance of bid for 2007 Maintenance Rock – SMW #130 with James Dean Construction Inc. for award of Groups 1, 3 & 4 in the amount of $88,925.00 and to Jim Riley Excavating for award of Group 2 in the amount of $27,105.00.
19) Notice of invitation to bidders and scheduling a bid opening for 1:30 PM on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 for the purchase of a new backhoe attachment and bucket for a Kubota MX5000DT tractor.
20) Amendment No. 1 to the 2007-2011 Consolidated Contract between Klickitat County and the Washington State Department of Health, adding “statements of work” for Office of Drinking Water – Group B and Preventative Health and Health Services (PHHS) programs and amending the “statement of work” for the Immunization Program CHILD Profile, Office of Drinking Water-Group A, and Public Health Emergency Preparedness & Response (PHEPR) resulting in an overall increase of $10,693 for a revised maximum contract consideration not to exceed $371,148.00.
21) Resolution in the matter of appointing James Dean, Denny Jaekel and Cheryl Davenport to the Klickitat County Planning Commission for four year terms, all expiring January 1, 2011.
22) Memorandum to allow purchase of computer equipment and software for the Klickitat County Public Health Department.
23) Settlement Agreement between Klickitat County and John W. and Joyce J LaFollette for acquisition of right-of-way required for the purpose of reconstruction of a portion of Snowden Road.
24) Request for approval of bid from All Pro Heating & Electric to install a new rooftop HVAC unit for the second floor of Annex 1.
25) Request for concurrence to award a Biological Assessment for the BZ-Glenwood Highway/Gilmer Creek landslide repair project as proposed by Skillings Connelly, Inc. in the amount of $4,500.00.
26) Water Resource Inventory Area 31 Service Agreement between Klickitat County and Aspect Consulting to support implementation of the WRIA 30 watershed plan.
X. (2:30): ELECTED OFFICIAL REPORT/UPDATE:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
XI. (2:45): PAYMENT APPROVALS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS/CHANGE ORDERS:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:00): BOARD PENDING:
Chief Financial Officer Glen Chipman: Legislative Update
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled
03/20/2007 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
March 22, 2007
No workshops scheduled