10/23/2007 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
October 23, 2007
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
9:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Scott Smith: Public Works/Road Department Update; Six Year Transportation Improvement Plan proposed revisions review
11:00 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
County Auditor Brenda Sorensen: Department update.
11:15 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
Sheriff Rick McComas: Department Update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
10/23/2007 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
October 23, 2007
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Public Meeting: Consider approval of Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2006-09; Applicant: Dan Damyanovich.
Public Meeting: Consideration for approval of alteration of Lot 12, B LA2005-07 (Mt. View Orchards), Short Plat No. SPL2006-46; Applicant: Judi Cyrus.
Public Meeting: Consider approval of Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2007-06; Applicant: Arnie Colwell.
Public Meeting: Consideration of acceptance of road right-of-way, (Harris Road), Short Plat No. SPL2007-27; Applicant: Robert Botts.
VI. (2:05): Consent Agenda:
1) Contract amendment between Klickitat County (Health Department) and Central Washington Comprehensive Mental Health. This amendment will award the same amount of funds for the same period of service as the DSHS contract amendment which added $12,000 for chemical dependency treatment for the 2005-2007 biennium.
2) Resolution in the matter of declaring one (1) computer within the Klickitat County Budget & Technical Services Department as surplus to be removed from that departments inventory and for donation the White Salmon Youth Center and to declare surplus one printer for auction per Klickitat County fixed asset policy.
3) Resolution in the matter of appointing Ryan Birney as the Lead Supervisor for the Klickitat County Technical Services Division to be effective October 16, 2007 and continue until a qualified manager is recruited and hired, unless otherwise terminated. Compensation shall be at $50 per pay period.
4) Settlement Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Works) and Ronald/Lillian Ladiges for acquisition of right-of-way required for the purpose of reconstruction of a portion of Snowden Road #11000 in consideration of $52,337.25 and other considerations.
5) Resolution submitted by the Building Department in the matter of authorizing the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of a nuisance on Parcel No. 04-18-1800-0013/00; Mary Carey.
6) Resolution submitted by the Building Department in the matter of authorizing the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of a nuisance on Parcel No. 04-13-2700-0002/00; Scott Anthony Marlow.
7) Resolution submitted by the Building Department in the matter of authorizing the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of a nuisance on Parcel No. 03-11-0800-0014/00; Jeanine Yeager.
8) Request submitted by the Sheriffs Department for authorization to purchase one (1) fully trained narcotics detection dog and 80 hour training package, for use by a Deputy Sheriff as handler for narcotics detection; total package cost of $8,500 plus tax.
9) Klickitat County request for an extension for the Community Development Block Grant # 06-64006-053/High Prairie/FD # 14, through December 2008.
10) Amendment, (submitted by the Sheriffs Department), to the Interlocal Communications/Dispatch Services Agreement between the City of White Salmon. Goldendale PD and Bingen-White Salmon PD would like to share the Spillman records management software to increase interoperability between departments.
11) Resolution to appoint Crista Schroder as the alternate representative of Klickitat County on the WRIA 30 Planning Unit for term expiring on December 31, 2007.
12) Resolution to appoint Tim Richman as the alternate representative of the City of Kennewick on the WRIA 31 Planning Unit for term expiring on December 31, 2007.
13) Contract Amendment 7, would amend (C02404) between Klickitat County (Natural Resources Department) and Aspect Consulting to support watershed planning in WRIA 31.
14) Scheduling a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 at 1:30 PM: Consider approval of extension request for Binding Site Plan BSP2006-02; Applicant: Jerry Gaines.
15) Haul Route Agreement No. 2007-1, submitted by the Public Works Department, to designate haul routes for Northwest Wind Partners, LLC. This Haul Route Agreement shall be completed for existing, new, and expanded hauling operations that may cause accelerated deterioration of county roads, specifically Hoctor Road.
VII. (2:15): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
Crystal Dodge, PAL Coordinator: Review and discuss grant applications to fund PAL programs.
VIII. (2:30): Elected Official Report/Update:
Dani Burton, County Treasurer: Request for authorization to have software installed on the server utilized by the Treasurerís and Assessorís Office.
(2:45): Prosecuting Attorney Tim OíNeill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
IX. (3:00): Old Business:
X. (3:00): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XI. (3:10): New Business:
Dave McClure, Natural Resources Department Director: Natural Resources Coordination Plan
(3:30): Gwendolyn Grundei, Gerry Matosich, Rick Hansen, and Joy Duggan: Discuss Public Defense contracts for the district and superior courts.
XII. (4:00): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
10/23/2007 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
October 25, 2007
No workshops scheduled