09/23/2008 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
September 23, 2008
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update
11:00 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
County Auditor Brenda Sorensen: Department update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
09/23/2008 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
September 23, 2008
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Public Meeting: Consider acceptance of road right-of-way dedication (Austin Road) for Short Plat No. SPL2007-64 and SPL2007-69; Applicant: Roger Boardman.
Bid Opening: Abatement of the Robert G. Kenedy Property, Parcel No. 03-11-0753-0003/00, located at 42 Wnuk Road, White Salmon, Washington.
Public Hearing: Consider an amendment to Klickitat County Code Chapter 6.04 “Stock Restricted areas” to make it unlawful to permit or allow any livestock other than cattle to run at large in those areas of the county which are presently open range area and to include penalties and fines for owners who are in violation of this chapter and shall be subject to that penalty as prescribed in Klickitat County Code Chapter 1.20 thereby allowing enforcement.
VI. (2:10): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
VII. (2:30): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
Rick Weaver, Executive Director, Central Washington Comprehensive Mental Health: Regional Support Network Interlocal agreement/proposed contract amendments.
VIII. (2:45): Consent Agenda:
1) Personnel Authorization to Advertise to fill the County Services Representative position within the Building Inspection Department (West End Services) at Range 8, Step A-C. The position will become vacant on November 30, 2008.
2) Agreement for Digital Data Sharing between Klickitat County and the ConocoPhillips Company for specific digital data compiled by the Public Works Department in an Arc View “Shape” file format, in consideration for a $250.00 fee.
3) Personnel Authorization to hire outside the pay schedule for the part-time West District Court Clerk position within West Direct Court at Range 7, Step C, which reflects three years of past experience.
4) Resolution in the matter of the authorizing the Public Works Department to purchase maintenance sand from Bishop Red Rock, Inc. at the bid amount of $32,424.50 including sales tax.
5) Resolution in the matter of temporary closure of Randall Road, County Road No. 21860, from Mile Post 2.61 to Mile Post 4.16 with dates of closure to be October 24 through October 26, 2008, for a cross-country event with the costs of posting, advertising and signing to be paid by the event sponsor.
6) County Program Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Health Department) and the State of Washington Department of Social and Health Services to expand and maintain outreach efforts designed to increase enrollment of Washington State’s uninsured children in the Apple Health for Kids Project.
7) Interlocal Agreement between Northside Community Education and Recreation and Klickitat County (Public Health Department) to provide $10,000 in funding for the purpose of providing substance abuse prevention services in the White Salmon area.
8) Contract Agreement and Contract Bond with Granite Northwest, Inc. dba Mid Columbia Asphalt in the amount of $243,033.00 for the completion of the NW Lincoln Street Overlay Project CRP No. 278, effective September 23, 2008.
9) Contract Agreement and Contract Bond with James Dean Construction, Inc. in the amount of $797,270.75 for the completion of the Harms Road Bridge Replacement Project CRP No. 273, Federal Aid No. BROS-2020(038), Contract No. TA 3331, effective September 15, 2008.
10) Scheduling a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 1:30 PM to consider approval of alteration SPL2007-72, Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2008-06; Applicant: Scarola Family.
11) Amendment No. 9 to Water Resource Inventory Area 31 Service Agreement No. (C02404) between Klickitat County (Natural Resources Department) and Aspect Consulting to include an instream habitat assessment. This amendment will extend the period of performance to June 30, 2009 and will increase the not to exceed budget amount by $113,000.00 to cover the new grant, effective June 30, 2008.
12) Personnel Authorization to Advertise to fill the Prevention Specialist position within the Public Health Department at Range 16, Step A-C.
IX. (3:00): New Business:
X. (3:00): Unfinished Business:
Public Hearing/Continued/Closed to Further Public Testimony:: Board deliberations to consider a waiver request to reduce road easement width on a proposed short plat: Applicants: Don and Angela Cox.
XI, (3:15): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:20): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
09/23/2008 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
September 25, 2008
No workshops scheduled