12/27/2011 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
December 27, 2011
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update.
10:45 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Administrative Services Director Glen Chipman: Radio project status update.
11:00 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
Auditor Brenda Sorensen: Department Update.
11:30 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Personnel Director Randi Post: Personnel department update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
12/27/2011 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
December 27, 2011
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Public Hearing: Consider a request to vacate an unused portion of Bunn Canyon Road, County Road No. 29750 and a portion of a 25’ alleyway adjacent to the west side of Bunn Canyon Road that may be of no further value to the County running in conjunction with SUB2011-01.
Project Number SUB2011-01 is an alteration of Lots 5-8, Block A and Lots 1-6, Block C of the Plat of Fallbridge now known as Wishram. The purpose of this plat alteration is to adjust the lots and streets to match existing improvements. Owner: Northwest Storage; Applicant: Ross Family.
VI. (1:45): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
VII. (1:45): Consent Agenda:
1) Lease Agreement between City of The Dalles and Klickitat County and Gorge Aviations Services, LLC (GAS) FBO Lease Agreement the purpose of which is to provide for the lease of certain described property at the Columbia Gorge Regional/The Dalles Municipal Airport from which the tenant intends to maintain and operate the underground fuel farm, terminal building and hangar.
2) Resolution appointing Lori Zoller of Klickitat, Washington to the Klickitat County Planning Commission filling Position No. 3, representing Commissioner District No. 2, to serve a four (4) year term, expiring January 1, 2016 AND a letter and “Certificate of Appreciation” to Paul Gregg of Goldendale, Washington for his past service as a member of the Planning Commission.
3) Resolution re-appointing three individuals to the Klickitat County Senior Services Advisory Board to additional three (3) year terms expiring December 31, 2014.
4) Amendment to Independent Contract for Law enforcement Services between Klickitat County in association with the Timber and Cattle Association, and Robert L. Songer to provide law enforcement services for the enforcement of livestock, agricultural and timber related laws within certain areas of Klickitat County for the purpose of continuing the agreement for the calendar year of 2012.
5) Amendment to Independent Contract for Law Enforcement Services between Klickitat County in association with the Timber and Cattle Association, and Harold E. Cole Jr. to provide law enforcement services for the enforcement of livestock, agricultural and timber related laws within certain areas of Klickitat County for the purpose of continuing the agreement for the calendar year of 2012.
6) Resolution in the matter of cancellation of warrants one year or older (26 warrants) totaling $1,504.94.
7) Interlocal Agreement for Legal Services between Klickitat County (Prosecuting Attorney) and the Kitsap County Prosecuting Attorney to provide legal services as needed to advise, appear for, prosecute, and represent Klickitat County on behalf of, and as special deputy to, the Klickitat County Prosecutor.
8) Request from Natural Resource Director Dave McClure to carry over vacation leave into 2012 up to a maximum of 72 hours which shall be used by June 30, 2012 or be forfeited.
9) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of a nuisance on Parcel No. 04-10-1252-0001/00 – Porfirio Michel Barajas and Bertha Torres.
10) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of a nuisance on Parcel No. 04-13-2350-0210/00 – Heidi M. Christy and Simon L. Fisher.
11) Amendment to Independent Contract for Search and Rescue Coordinator Services between Klickitat County (Sheriff’s Department) and Jeff King to provide S&R services. Purpose of this amendment is to extend and continue the agreement through the 2012 calendar year.
12) Application to the Washington State Department of Natural Resources to “Lease State Land or Space in State Facility for Electronic Communication” to be used for a radio tower, radio and radio and microwave site known as Flat Top Mountain west of Trout Lake, Washington.
13) Signature authorization form required by the State Department of Health, Family Planning and Reproductive Health Division (Public Health Department).
14) Resolution in the matter of merging the Natural Resources Department and the Economic Development Department as a cost savings measure, creation of a new full time clerical assistant position, and approving a revised Natural Resources and Economic Development Organizational Chart including revised job descriptions.
15) Budget transfers within departments or funds for the 2011 Budget as follows: General Fund: Sheriff’s Office. and WSU Extension.
16) Consolidated Contract Agreement DSHS #1263-43182 between the State of Washington Department of Social and Health Services Juvenile Rehabilitation/Division of Community Programs and Klickitat County (Juvenile Department) to provide funding to County Juvenile Courts to support Block Grant prams for juvenile offenders, with program descriptions and requirement outlined in the Block Grant Contract 2012/2013.
17) Amendment to the Agreement for Use of Klickitat County Adult Correction and Detention Facility between Klickitat County (Sheriff’s Department) and the City of Goldendale extending the current agreement (C02211) through March 31, 2012.
18) Resolution amending the Klickitat County Senior Services Advisory Board by-laws to reflect changes in the number of members by reducing the membership from twelve regular members to nine regular members with at least two members appointed by each Commissioner district.
19) 2012 FTA (Federal Transportation Administration) Certifications and Assurances required pursuant to the FTA Capital Assistance Contract and FTA Operating Contract.
20) Contract amendment CI-TSB-Klickitat County Senior Services between Klickitat (Senior Services) and the Human Services Council (Medicaid Transportation) purpose of which is to extend the 2011 Contract No. 2011-TSB-05 and period of performance to include January 1, 2012 through February 29,2012.
21) Client Services contract between Klickitat County (Senior Services) and Southwest Washington Agency on Aging Disabilities, Aging Network Case Management, Family Caregiver Support Program to assist vulnerable seniors to access, obtain, and effectively utilize necessary and available community-based support and service options.
22) Contract between Klickitat County (Senior Services) and the Southwest Washington Area Agency on Aging and Disabilities for Powerful Tools for Caregiving Class Facilitation to provide classes during 2012 for unpaid family caregivers by certified trainers on staff with reimbursement of $1,080 for one six session course to be offered in 2012.
23) Contract between Klickitat County (Senior Services) and the Southwest Washington Area Agency on Aging and Disabilities for Medicaid Case Management to provide case management services.
24) Contract between Klickitat County (Senior Services) and the Southwest Washington Area Agency on Aging and Disabilities for Senior Transportation to provide transportation services to eligible persons to and from social services, medical and health care services, meal programs, senior centers, essential shopping, and recreational activities.
25) Contract between Klickitat County (Senior Services) and the Southwest Washington Area Agency on Aging and Disabilities for Disease Prevention and Health Promotion to provide disease prevention and health promotion services and information at multipurpose senior centers, congregate meal sites, through home delivered meal programs, or at other appropriate locations.
26) Contract between Klickitat County (Senior Services) and the Southwest Washington Area Agency on Aging and Disabilities for Senior Information and Assistance, Senior Nutrition Services, and FCSP access to provide services to unpaid family caregivers needing support to continue their role as primary caregiver to a senior or adult with disabilities and to provide a minimum of nine outreach events and education activities.
27) Request for concurrence to reject all bids for the two (2) used trailer mounted electronic reader boards which were opened on Tuesday, December 20, 2011.
28) Request for concurrence to accept the proposal and award bid for the “Insulate Attic Pioneer Center – N10014”, Federal Contract #F10-52110-034, to Northwest Remodel as bid in the amount of $22,179.68.
29) Settlement Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Works) and DMH Properties, Inc. for acquisition of right-of-way required by the County for the purpose of reconstruction of a portion of Oak Ridge Road, County Road No. 16390 across a portion of Tax Parcel #04-11-1900-0011/00. in Section 19, Township 4 North, Range 11 East, W.M.
VIII. (1:50): New Business:
IX. (1:50): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
X. (2:00): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor: Review of pending, potential and/or threatened litigation which qualifies for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i). Issues of a “general” nature if any will be discussed in open session.
XI. (2:15): Unfinished Business:
XII. (2:15): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
12/27/2011 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
December 29, 2011
No workshops scheduled