02/07/2012 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
February 7, 2012
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update.
10:45 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Administrative Services Director Glen Chipman: Radio project status update.
11:00 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
Assessor Darlene Johnson: Discuss Open Space Advisory Committee recruitment efforts/need to make appointments of interested citizens.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
02/07/2012 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
February 7, 2012
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Bid Opening: Purchase of one (1) used 2007 or Newer Forklift.
Bid Opening: Purchase of two (2) Used Trailer Mounted Electronic Reader Boards.
Bid Opening: Abatement of Slade D. Kitchens property, Parcel #02-13-2855-0203/0 located at 1118 Prospect Avenue, Dallesport, Washington.
VI. (1:50): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
VII. (1:50): Consent Agenda:
1) Notice of “Request for Proposals” from qualified entities to use Klickitat County Historical Preservation Funds of which $5,000 of the accumulated amount will be made available for award in 2012.
2) Personnel Authorization to begin the advertising process to fill a Clerical Administrative Assistant II position within the Auditor’s Office at Grade 35, Step 1.
3) Intergovernmental Agreement between Klickitat County (Radio Project) and Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission (CRITFC) for the purpose of joint facility sharing and the joint use of a public safety communication network.
4) Grant Agreement OSOS No. G-12/180 between Klickitat County (Auditor’s Office) and the State of Washington, Office of the Secretary of State for the purpose of providing funding for the purchase and installation of three (3) accessible ballot drop boxes.
5) Settlement Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Works) and Susan Diane Larocco, Tim Anthon Larocco, Michael Junior Larocco and Terry M. Larocco and Esther L. Larocco for acquisition of right-of-way required by the County for the purpose of reconstruction of a portion of Oak Ridge Road, County Road No. 16390.
6) Washington State Department of Transportation Supplemental Agreement No. 3 between Klickitat County (Public Works) and Lower Columbia Research and Archaeology for the purpose of extending the completion date to August 31, 2012 for On-Call archaeology services.
7) Washington State Department of Transportation Supplemental Agreement No. 4 between Klickitat County (Public Works) and Sargent Engineers, Inc. for the purpose of extending the completion date to August 31, 2012 and amending the Scope of Work to include bridge inspection services.
8) Settlement Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Works) and James Braden Tindall and Pamela Rogers Tindall for acquisition of right-of-way required by the County for the purpose of reconstruction of a portion of Oak Ridge Road, County Road No. 16390.
9) Resolutions approving 2012 county road projects as follows:
a) Resolution to improve 1.27 miles of Fisher Hill Road from M.P. 21.63 to M.P. 22.90, County Road No. 13550, County Road Project No. 314, Road Program No. 2012-15.
b) Resolution to improve .75 miles of Courtney Road from M.P. 4.78 to M.P. 5.53, County Road No. 11700, County Road Project No. 315, Road Program No. 2012-14.
c) Resolution to improve 4.14 miles of the Bickleton Highway from M.P. 25.16 to M.P. 29.30, County Road No. 34000, County Road Project No. 316, Road Program No. 2012-11.
VIII. (2:00): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor: Review of pending, potential and/or threatened litigation which qualifies for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)(i). Issues of a “general” nature if any will be discussed in open session.
IX. (2:20): Unfinished Business:
Consideration for approval of Binding Site Plan BSP2007-01 Airport; Applicants: City of The Dalles, Oregon and Klickitat County, Washington.
Consider Settlement Agreement to settle litigation between Klickitat County, Columbia River Gorge Commission and Keith Arndt over appeals associated with preliminary approval of Short Plat No. SPL2008-24.
X. (2:30): New Business:
XI. (2:30): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (2:40): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 10:00 AM on Thursday, February 9, 2012 for scheduled workshops.
02/07/2012 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
February 9, 2012
10:00/11:00 Jerry Lynch, Klickitat School District #402: Discussion regarding the Klickitat Community/Youth Center CDBG application/ required match and county role.
11:00/12:00 Building and Code Compliance Director Skip Grimes: Discussion of building department fees.
12:00 Noon Luncheon
1:15/1:45 Building and Code Compliance Director Skip Grimes and Code Compliance Officer Joyce DeVries: Nuisance Abatement
1:45/3:45 Solid Waste Director Kevin Barry, Allied Waste representatives Matt Henry, General Manager-Roosevelt Regional Landfill, and Joe Casalini, Director, Business Development: Solid waste marketing efforts and project update.
3:45/4:15 Board of Health
4:15/4:45 Planning Director Curt Dreyer: Department update.