04/03/2012 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
April 3, 2012
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/REVIEW:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update
10:45 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Administrative Services Director Glen Chipman: Radio project status update.
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Personnel Manager Randi Post: Department update some of which may qualify for executive session to discuss personnel qualifications/disciplinary issues and contract negotiations all in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)(d) and/or (g); noting issues of a “general” nature will be discussed in open session.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
04/03/2012 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
April 3, 2012
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Bid Opening: Designation of the official county newspaper for advertising of all legal notices and delinquent tax lists as well as all notices to be published by newspapers of general circulation in Klickitat County per the RCW.
Public Hearing: Consider amending Klickitat County Code Title 15 – Buildings & Construction, and Title 16 – Standards for Mobile/Manufactured Homes, Commercial Coaches, Recreational Vehicles and Recreational Park Trailers as they currently exist to adopt amended fee schedules and certain other provisions.
VI. (2:00): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor: Review of pending, potential and/or threatened litigation which qualifies for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i). Issues of a “general” nature if any will be discussed in open session.
(2:15): Assessor Darlene Johnson: Discuss recently enacted personal property amnesty legislation.
VII. (2:30): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
Darren Nichols, Columbia River Gorge Commission Executive Director, Carl McNew, CRGC Chairman/Klickitat County appointee; and Vice Chairman Keith Chamberlain: Introduction of Director Nichols and general status review and update.
VIII. (3:00): New Business:
IX. (3:00): Unfinished Business:
Public Meeting/Continued: Board deliberations to consider the Planning Commission’s recommendation for approval of an amendment to the Klickitat County zoning regulations pertaining to Cluster Development (Section 2.24 of the Klickitat County Zoning Ordinance #62678) and Klickitat County Code Title 19.50). The amendment would repeal the current Cluster Development District provisions, which can be applied as an overlay to any zoning designation per rezone application by a landowner; and replace the provisions with a revised Cluster Agriculture Overlay that may be applied as an overlay on the Extensive Agriculture and Open Space zoning districts, per rezone application by a landowner.
X. (3:15): Consent Agenda:
1) Resolution in the matter of declaring the Sheriff’s Office Drug Dog “Jet” as surplus as it has been determined that the Sheriff’s Office drug dog program has not proven to be monetarily or statistically profitable and authorizing the re-homing of “Jet” to the Monroe Police Department.
2) Contract Agreement and Contract Bond between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and Apply-A-Line, Inc. for the 2012 Annual Striping Program, RN 642-12, for the total bid price of $228,220.00.
3) Letter and Resolution in the matter of appointing Vern Harpole to a three (3) year term on the Skamania Klickitat Community Network.
4) Notice to Vendors to advertise for purchase and scheduling of a bid opening to be held Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 1:30 PM for the purchase of Liquid Asphalt for the 2012 paving season as per specifications.
5) Contract Agreement between Access Electric and Heating, Inc. and Klickitat County (Public Works Department) for the Insulate Attic HVAC Ducting Pioneer Center Project, N10014, Federal Contract #F10-52110-034.
6) Signature Authorization and Resolution in the matter of designating an applicant agent and alternate to obtain disaster assistance funds for the January 2012 storm.
7) Public Assistance Grant Agreement D12-005 between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and the Emergency Management Division, Washington State Military Department to provide funds for the repair or restoration of damaged public facilities as approved by FEMA, Presidential Disaster Declaration #FEMA-4056-DR-WA.
XI. (3:20): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:25): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 4:00 PM on Thursday, April 5, 2012 for a public hearing to be held at the Pioneer Center in White Salmon.
04/03/2012 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
April 5, 2012
No Workshops Scheduled
4:00/8:00 PM :Public Hearing: Consider testimony relating to proposed amendments to the Klickitat County Comprehensive Plan and Plan Map, including the Husum/BZ Corner Sub Area Plan; and implementing regulations, and Zoning Map. The proposed amendments would apply within the Husum BZ Corner Sub Area, on the County’s West side. The zoning amendments would increase RR2 (Rural Residential 2) and RR1 (Rural Residential 1) in the Husum BZ Corner areas; reduce RL (Resource Lands) in those areas; and, reduce RC (Rural Center) in the Husum area.
Hearing Location: Pioneer Center Building, 501 NE Washington, White Salmon, Washington.