07/17/2012 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
July 17, 2012
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/REVIEW:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update.
10:45 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Administrative Services Director Glen Chipman: Radio project status update.
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Personnel Manager Randi Post: Department update some of which may qualify for executive session to discuss personnel qualifications/disciplinary issues and contract negotiations all in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)(d) and/or (g); noting issues of a “general” nature will be discussed in open session.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
07/17/2012 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
July 17, 2012
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Bid Opening: Improvement of 1.91 miles of Saxton Bane Road, CRP 304, by widening, minor improvements to horizontal and vertical alignments, improving and installing drainage, surfacing, fencing, and other work all in accordance with the contract, plans and standard specifications. The County has provided crushed rock in stockpiles for the sole use of this project.
Public Hearing: Consider Shoreline Development Permit SH2012-01 for Insitu to place a 180’X60’ or 10,800 sq ft temporary modular unit; an approximately 1,855 sq ft parking space and associated site development on Lot 34 at the Bingen Point Binding Site Plan (located within a portion of Section 32, Township 3 North, Range 11 East, W.M. (East Bingen Point Way, Bingen, Washington).
VII. (2:00): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor: Review of pending, potential and/or threatened litigation which qualifies for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i). Issues of a “general” nature if any will be discussed in open session.
VIII. (2:25): Consent Agenda:
1) Contract for Construction (Contract #2012-006) between the City of The Dalles, Klickitat County, Columbia Gorge Regional Airport, and Centrex Construction, Inc. for the design and construction of an airport maintenance hangar.
2) Client Services Contract between Southwest Washington Agency on Aging and Disabilities and Klickitat County (Senior Services) for the purpose of providing Home Care Agency Services which includes a range of personal care services for Clients and respite services for Caregivers.
3) Amendment No. 2 to the Interagency Agreement for the Community Transportation Grant between Grant County Health District and Klickitat County (Public Health) to make necessary changes and additions within the scope of work to include extension of the contract through June 30, 2013 and to add additional funding for participation in approved CTG work in Capacity Building and/or Implementation.
4) Interlocal Agreement for Provision of Information Technology Services between Klickitat County (Administrative Services) and Central Klickitat Conservation District wherein the County will provide ongoing maintenance and support as requested from CKCD through its appointed liaison on a time and materials basis at the rate of $45.00 per hour.
5) Amendment No. 2 to the Salmon Project Agreement, Salmon Funding Accounts (C16011), Klickitat County Lead Entity, Project #11-1491P, between Washington State Recreation and Conservation Office and Klickitat County (Natural Resources Department) which amends the project costs.
6) Public Safety Product CPE E911 Full Remedial Maintenance Agreement between Quest Communications Company LLC and Klickitat County 911 to provide maintenance service and support on the Positron telephone and 911 equipment currently installed in the dispatch center.
7) Amendment No. A to Contract #E12-013 between the Washington State Military Department and Klickitat County (911) to provide financial assistance solely for the expenses necessary to answer 911 calls originating in the county, which includes performing certain tasks and maintaining certain equipment necessary to operate Wireline and Wireless Enhanced 911.
8) Scheduling a public meeting to be held July 24, 2012 at 1:30 PM to consider final approval for the replat of Lot 4, Short Plat SP-90-03, Short Plat Application SPL2012-02, Applicant: Rex and Donna Johnston.
9) Resolution scheduling a public hearing to be held on Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 1:30 PM to consider vacation of unimproved county road right of way known as Dan F. Thomson Road.
10) Resolution authorizing the Public Works Department to purchase one (1) new 100’ tapered steel monopole plus auxiliary mounting hardware from Valmont Industries, Inc. of Valley, NE per quote in the amount of $34,690.00 plus 7.5' sales tax.
11) Contract and Bond between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and Wilson Excavating, Inc. dba D&Z Grinding to do all work and furnish all tools, materials, and equipment for the Debris Grinding Project, RQ 704, for the grinding, removal, and disposal of woody debris and other work, at various locations in Klickitat County.
12) Contract and Bond between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and Crestline Construction Co. to do all work and furnish all tools, materials, and equipment for the Oak Ridge Road Project, CRP 277 for the improvement of 1.83 miles of Oak Ridge Road by widening, minor improvements to horizontal and vertical alignments, installing drainage, surfacing, fencing, guardrail, and other work.
13) Klickitat County HVAC Service Contract 2012-2013 between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and DIVCO Inc. to provide the manufacturers required maintenance of HVAC equipment in the various county facilities.
IX. (2:30): Unfinished Business:
Administrative Services Director Glen Chipman: Second Quarter 2012 budget meeting with Elected Officials and Department Directors and handout of 2013 budget materials.
X. (3:00): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
Vyrle Hill, President and David Goldsmith, Member Services, Washington Counties Risk Pool.: Annual visit, introduction and presentation of services offered.
XI. (3:45): New Business:
Aaron Everett, Stare Forester/Director of Federal Relations/Office of the Commissioner of Public Lands: Discuss Department of Natural Resources Forest Health Hazard Warning and Action Plan.
(4:00): George Minor: Discuss veteran service needs for county residents.
X. (4:20): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (4:25): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
07/17/2012 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
July 19, 2012
No Workshops Scheduled