What documents are needed to transfer my vehicle into my name?

If you are a resident to Washington or have purchased a vehicle, you must present the following documents to a license agency in order to obtain Washington plates, registration, and title:

  • The Vehicle Title properly released by the previous owner. 
  • A Bill of Sale stating the date of purchase and full purchase price, signed by the previous owner.
  • A completed Odometer Disclosure Statement if the vehicle is less than 10 years old.
  • Valid driver's license. 

Some transfers may require additional documents and possibly a current emission test. If you have additional questions just give us a call or come in the office and let us help you.

Show All Answers

1. How much will it cost to renew my vehicle or vessel tabs?
2. How much does it cost to transfer a vehicle into my name?
3. What documents are needed to transfer my vehicle into my name?
4. How many days do I have to transfer a vehicle I purchased into my name?
5. I have just moved to Washington State, how do I transfer my vehicle?
6. Can I transfer my vehicle plates to a new vehicle?
7. Why should I submit a report of sale?
8. Can someone else renew my tabs for me?
9. Am I able to trade vehicles?
10. What if I have more questions about vehicle/vessel licensing?