05/19/2009 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
May 19, 2009
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update.
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Mike Canon Economic Development Department Director: Department update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
05/19/2009 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
May 19, 2009
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Public Meeting: Consider the Planning Commission recommendation for approval of Zone Change Application ZON2009-02 to rezone approximately 76 acres from Open Space to Open Space with a cluster development overlay; Applicant: Pat’s Ranch Mart.
Public Meeting: Consider the Planning Commission recommendation for approval of Shoreline Conditional Use Permit SH2009-01 to construct a new bridge across the Klickitat River at the Klickitat Hatchery in Glenwood; Applicant: Yakama Indian Nation – WDFW.
VI. (2:00): Unfinished Business:
Public Health Director Kevin Barry: Digital Health Department software system (Health, Planning, Building and Emergency Management) update and recommendation.
VII. (2:30): Consent Agenda:
1) Scheduling a public hearing to be held on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 1:30 PM to consider the Planning Commission’s recommendation for approval of Zone Change and Comprehensive Plan Amendment, Application (ZON2009-03); Applicants: FM & BL, LLC; Richard and Martha Hunsaker, Hunsaker’s Oil Company.
2) Temporary Alternative work schedule for the Bookkeeper position within the Senior Services Department allowing a flexible work schedule to work four-10 hour days per week, Monday through Thursday, 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM, starting with the pay period beginning May 18, 2009 through September 30, 2009.
3) Task Order No. 2 to Water Resource Inventory Area 31 Watershed Plan Implementation Service Agreement (C05309) between Klickitat County (Natural Resources Department) and Aspect Consulting to provide meeting facilitation and technical support for WRIA 31 Watershed Planning and Advisory Committee and Implementing Governments meetings, effective May 1, 2009 through June 30, 2009.
4) Resolution in the matter of addressing excessive overtime hours worked to address a large volume of appeals to the Board of Equalization by compensation of a $500.00 stipend per pay period for the Executive Secretary/Clerk of the Board, effective January 1, 2009 to May 31, 2009.
5) Special Counsel Contract between Klickitat County and Menke Jackson Beyer Ehlis & Harper LLP to perform and render legal assistance and advice relative to labor law/personnel matters, litigation, administrative proceedings, and other matters as directed by the Klickitat County Board of Commissioners and/or Prosecuting Attorney, effective May 1, 2009.
6) Resolution in the matter of reviewing and correcting original step placement of Deputy Prosecuting Attorney II, David Brown by raising his current step placement by two (2) additional steps to acknowledge work experience brought to the position which has benefited the County, effective May 1, 2009.
7) Resolution in the matter of declaring two (2) 2002 Chevrolet Blazers as surplus to be removed from the Klickitat County Sheriff’s Office inventory to be disposed of through public sale or auction by the Klickitat County Treasurer.
8) Request from the Klickitat County Sheriff’s Office for authorization to purchase three (3) 2009 Ford Explorers from Federal or State bid/contract at a total purchase price of $62,739.85; And the purchase/installation of necessary equipment at a cost of $27,250.00 for three (3) of the vehicles for a total cost of $89,989.85.
9) State of Washington County Rural Administration Board Rural Arterial Program Project Agreement for Construction Proposal to improve Lakeside Road, County Road No. 19270, from Milepost 0.00 to Milepost 2.20. This is an increase of the previous allocation for a project total of $1,099.260.
10) Meth Action Team Funding 2009-2010 Application for grant funding through the Washington State Department of Community Trade, and Economic Development - Community Mobilization Against Substance Abuse. This grant is jointly managed by the Sheriff’s Office and the Health Department.
11) Scheduling a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 1:30 PM to consider approval of the re-plat of Lots 1 and 3, SP95-18, Short Plat No. SPL2008-48; Applicants: Frank and Betty Lou Hunsaker and Richard and Martha Hunsaker.
12) Contract Agreement and Contract Bond between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and Tapani Underground, Inc. for the Fisher Hill Road Project, CRP 250 for the total bid price of $1,245,210.20.
VIII. (2:35): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill and Special Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Steve DiJulio and/or Susan Drummond who will be participating via telephone conference call: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
IX. (3:00): New Business:
X. (3:00): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XI. (3:10): Board Pending
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
05/19/2009 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
May 21, 2009
No workshops scheduled