06/02/2009 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
June 2, 2009
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update.
11:00 AM Elected Officials Report:
Sheriff Rick McComas: Department Update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
06/02/2009 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
June 2, 2009
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Public Meeting: Consider final approval of re-plat Lot 4, SPL2008-00013, Short Plat No. SPL2008-42; Applicant: Dick Pine.
Public Meeting: Consider acceptance of the dedication of road right-of-way for Wahkiacus Heights Road and final approval of Short Plat SPL2007-71; Applicant: Windward Foundation.
Public Hearing: Consider a Comprehensive Plan Amendment request to change the designation from ‘Single Family Residential” to “Commercial” for 20.60 acres; and consider the Planning Commission’s recommendation to rezone the same 20.60 acres from “Residential” to “General Commercial”. The property is located within a portion of Section 19, Township 3 North, Range 11 east, W.M., Lots 1, 2 & 3 of Short Plat SP-95-18 (vicinity of N. Main Street, Dewalt Drive and Snowden Road, White Salmon). Applicant: Innovative Composites Engineering (ICE), Representative Rob Campbell, Landowner: FM & BL, LLC, Richard and Martha Hunsaker, Hunsaker’s Oil Company.
VI. (2:00): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
VII. (2:15): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
Matt Henry, Roosevelt Regional Landfill General Manager: Quarterly update and project/contract review some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( d).
VIII. (3:15): Consent Agenda:
1) Personnel Authorization to advertise to hire for a Field Appraiser position within the Assessor’s Office at Range 14, Step A-C ($16.63 - $17.47).
2) Agreement between Klickitat County (Prosecuting Attorney) and Bounce Back Inc. to provide a bad check pre-filing diversion program and to oversee the daily operations of the program as Program Administrator with no cost to the county, effective June 1, 2009.
3) Contract Agreement between Northside Community Education and Klickitat County (Health Department) for the purpose of promoting Spring Fest 2009 as a tobacco-free event by sponsoring promotional t-shirts with a live tobacco free message on the back. The total cost is not to exceed $500.00.
4) Contract between White Salmon Pinecrest Church of the Nazarene and Klickitat County (Health Department) for the use of the church building for the Strengthening Families Program to be held for 7 nights between April 28th and June 15th, 2009 for a total payment for the use of the building not to exceed $75.00.
5) Local Agency Standard Consultant and Task Order Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and Carlson Testing Inc., for the purpose of providing on-call materials testing and inspection. Each item of work under this Agreement will be provided by Task Order assignment with payment of services not to exceed $75,000, effective June 2, 2009.
6) Contract Agreement and Contract Bond between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and Tapani Underground, Inc., for the Horseshoe Bend Road Project, (CRP 279) for the total bid price of $1,136,141.80.
7) Change Order No. 1 to Contract (C12509) between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and DeAtley Crushing Company to delete item 7Bof Group 2 Alternative, “1/2 to US #4 Chips” at the Trout Lake Quarry as material was unsuitable as per Special provision 3-01.2(4) and reduces the original contract amount by $112,500.00 for a revised contract amount of $552,546.35 for the Fisher Hill and Trout Lake Quarry Crushing Project, CRP 250/WP-29.
8) Purchase Authorization to allow the Natural Resources Department to purchase a 1,000’ WL500 Water Level Sounder through Global Water Instrumentation, Inc. at a total cost of $1,600.00, which includes applicable tax and shipping.
9) Task Order No. 3 to the Water Resource Inventory Area 31 Watershed Plan Implementation Service Agreement (C05309) between Klickitat County (Natural Resources Department) and Aspect Consulting to provide technical support for the transfer of habitat assessment data and analysis to the National Marine Fisheries Service for inclusion in steelhead recovery plan. The total not to exceed budget for this task is $3,900, effective June 1, 2009.
IX. (3:20): New Business:
X. (3:20): Unfinished Business
XI. (3:20): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:30): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
06/02/2009 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
June 4, 2009
No workshops scheduled