08/25/2009 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
August 25, 2009
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update.
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Personnel Manager Randi Post: Personnel department update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( g).
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
08/25/2009 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
August 25, 2009
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Bid Opening: 2009 Annual Striping Program R-642-09.
Request for Proposals: Copier replacement and printer maintenance.
Request for Qualifications: Identify a qualified software provider capable of delivering County permitting package/solutions for Building, Planning, and Environmental Health.
Public Hearing: Consider proposed amendment to the Klickitat County Six Year Transportation Improvement Program for 2009-2014 to include funding/projects for 2009 funded through the Highway Safety Improvement Program for Low Cost Run-Off-Road Safety Improvements.
VI. (2:00): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
Cal Edwards, High Prairie resident: Update on the High Prairie Fire Hall/Community Building project and request for funding assistance.
VII. (2:25): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Tim O’Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
Consider an Emergency Ordinance for Phase II of the City of White Salmon Water System Improvements.
VIII. (2:45): Consent Agenda:
1) Acceptance of Review Committee’s recommendation to approve and authorization to negotiate with Tenneson Engineering Corporation as the top ranked firm, to provide engineering services for the development of the industrial park project at the Columbia Gorge Regional Airport.
2) Resolution in the matter of authorizing the Code Compliance Officer to commence proceedings to cause the abatement of a nuisance on Parcel No. 06-20-2250-1702/00 – Cheryl Seigfried.
3) Resolution setting a public hearing to be held at 2:00 PM on Tuesday, October 6, 2009 to consider an application for classification from Regular Taxation to Open Space Farm and Agriculture Conservation Land for current use tax assessment under Chapter 84.34 RCW involving one parcel of property consisting of approximately 80 acres; Applicant/Owner: Thomas B. Wade.
4) Scheduling a public meeting to be held Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 1:30 PM to consider Planning Commission’s recommendation of approval for Shoreline Conditional Use and Substantial Development Permit SH2009-03; Applicant: Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission; Representative: Tim Ernsberger and Jim Harris.
5) Resolution in the matter of revising the organizational chart for Superior Court reflecting a .6 full time equivalency Administrative Assistant I position and change of supervision, effective October 1, 2009.
6) Scheduling a public meeting to be held Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 1:30 PM to consider acceptance of road right-of-way dedication, Lyle-Snowden Road, for Short Plat No. SPL2009-11; Applicant: Paul Karp.
7) Interlocal Agreement between the Klickitat County (Adult Probation Department) and the State of Washington, Department of Corrections for the purpose of allowing the Department of Corrections to place Community Corrections Officers at the premises owned/operated by Klickitat County at 501 NE Washington St., White Salmon, Washington on Fridays from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, effective upon execution through July 31, 2010.
8) Resolution in the matter of revising the organizational chart for the Public Health Department to reflect changes already approved by the Board, effective September 1, 2009.
9) Request for concurrence to exceed the maximum number of comp time hours allowed from 24 hours to 50 hours through the month of August for two Grounds and Facilities Maintenance employees due to the loss of Buildings and Grounds staff and the extra hours that have been required to perform their duties, extra janitorial duties and prepare for the this years fair.
10) Resolution in the matter of appointing Daniel Andrews to the Water Resource Inventory Area 31 Water Resource Planning and Advisory Committee as an alternate representative of Andrews Farm for a term effective August 25, 2009 and expiring on December 31, 2009.
11) Amendment 3 to Task Order No. 3 to Water Resource Inventory Area 31 Watershed Plan Implementation Service Agreement (C05309) between Klickitat County (Natural Resources Department) and Aspect Consulting for the purpose of increasing the not to exceed budget from $12,000 to $15,000.
12) Resolution in the matter of requesting concurrence to reject all bids for the Bickleton Highway Drainage Project, CRP 291 and require the work to be done in another way that is in the best interest of the County.
13) County Property Lease Agreement between the Klickitat County (Buildings and Grounds Department) and the Klickitat County Meth Action Team for the use of the courthouse lawn and waiver request, effective September 19, 2009.
IX. (2:50): New Business:
X. (2:50: Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XI. (3:00): Unfinished Business:
Consolidated Appeal Hearing Continuation/Closed to further public testimony: Board deliberations to consider two (2) appeals filed against the Planning Commission’s recommendation to approve Zone Change Application ZON2006-08; AND to consider Comprehensive Plan Amendment Application #CPA2006-02 which is a proposal to change the zoning from Resource Lands (RL) to rural Residential (RR1) for approximately 100 acres. The property is located within a portion of Sections 2, 3, and 10, Township 3 north, Range 10 east, W.M. (off Powerhouse Road/White Salmon vicinity); Appellants: Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Nation and Friends of the White Salmon, Applicant: SDS, represented by Jason Spadaro and adjoining landowners.
XII. (4:00): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 11:00 AM on Thursday, August 27, 2009 for scheduled workshops.
08/25/2009 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
August 27, 2009
11:00/12:00 Benefit Consultants Inc. representatives and members of the County Benefit Committee: Review report and recommendations for health insurance providers for 2009-2010 program year.
1:30/2:30 Personnel Manager Randi Post, and HR Answers representatives: Presentation and review of the final job classification study report and recommendations some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( g).
2:30/3:30 Technical Services Manager Jeremy Walker: Technical Services Division Update.