12/22/2009 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
December 22, 2009
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update.
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Personnel Manager Randi Post: Personnel department update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
12/22/2009 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
December 22, 2009
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Public Meeting: Consider approval of boundary line adjustment of Lots 1, 2, 3 & 4, SPL2008-12, Boundary Line Adjustment BLA2009-03; Applicant: Dennis Corman.
Public Meeting: Consider approval of alteration to Lot 2 SP-92-24, Short Plat No. SPL2009-28; Applicant: Jerry Jones.
VI. (1:50): Consent Agenda:
1) Intergovernmental Agreement for State Purchasing Cooperative between the State of Washington Department of General Administration, Office of State Procurement and Klickitat County for membership in the cooperative to access state contracts for goods and services.
2) Resolution and letters reappointing members to the Klickitat County Senior Services Advisory Board.
3) Amendment No. 5 to Ecology Grant #G0700122 (C24906) between the Washington State Department of Ecology and Klickitat County (Natural Resources Department) for the purpose of shifting unspent funds in the amount of $29,769.89 from FY09 to FY10, shifting funds between elements and tasks and to increase the project grant amount by $70,230.11 for Phase 4 Implementation of the WRIA 30 Klickitat Watershed Plan.
4) Corrected Inmate Housing Agreement (C28709) for Use of the Klickitat County Adult Correction and Detention Facility between Klickitat County and the City of Bingen.
5) Amendment to Haul Route Agreement No. C27309 between Klickitat County and Northwest Wind Partners, LLC for the purpose of removing Hoctor Road for hauling water from milepost 0.00 to milepost 6.50 from the Road Haul Agreement.
6) Scheduling the following public meetings to be held at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, December 29, 2009:
Consider approval of replat of Lot 4, SP-99-21, Short Plat No. SPL2009-13; Applicant Six S Co.
Consider approval of acceptance of road right-of-way dedications (Fenton Lane and Number 4 Road), Short Plat No. SPL2009-01; Applicant: David Buntin.
7) Certification, Signature Authorization and Contract Agreement No. E10-181 between the Washington State Military Department and Klickitat County (Emergency Management) to provide U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency Grant funds in the amount of $47,918.00 to enhance the capability of state and local units of governments to prevent, deter, respond to, and recover from catastrophic and/or terrorist events.
8) Safe Kids USA Local Coalition Agreement between Safe Kids Worldwide, a subsidiary of Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C., Safe Kids Oregon State, and Safe Kids Columbia Gorge, represented by Wasco County Commission on Children and Families and Klickitat County (Public Health Department).
9) Contractor Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Health Department) and the National Association of County & City Health Officials (NACCHO) to provide $25,000 (CDC Grant Title # (5U58DP00166702), CFDA # 93.283) to enable local communities to address chronic disease risk factors.
10) Alternative work schedule for the Emergency Director position within the Emergency Management Department allowing a flexible work schedule alternating between a three-8 hour per day work week Tuesday through Thursday and a four-8 hour per day work week Monday through Thursday.
11) Request from the Public Works Department to allow Randy Roe to carry over excess leave hours past the January 1, 2010 deadline.
12) Affidavit of nonuse and surrender of easement for a 60 foot right-of-way as described in Easement No. 2996 between the State of Washington, Department of Natural Resources and Klickitat County.
13) Funding Assistance Agreement between Innovative Composite Engineering and Klickitat County to provide funding in the amount of $25,074.07 from the Distressed Counties .09 Fund, for the public portion of electrical service .
14) Capital Improvement Fund #303 project list amendment for roof repairs in the amount of $31,000 to the WSU portion of the Fairgrounds exhibit building roof. Three projects totaling $31,000 were previously planned for 2009 and have been moved to later years or removed; And $14,000 is being moved from the Server Room AC Upgrade project to the Old Jail Remodel project which was 7' over budget; And $7,000 is being moved from the Grandstand Improvement project to the Fairgrounds Wash Rack project which was 7.7' over budget. There is no net increase to the overall 2009 Capital Improvement List total of $605,000.00.
15) Non-Capital Projects List Amendment which reflects several projects which have been moved to later years or reduced, resulting in adequate available 2009 budget to cover unplanned Buildings & Grounds expenses associated with two employee retirements (35,470). This amendment reduces the Non Capital Projects List from $277,000 to $241,530.
VII. (2:00): Elected Official Report/Update:
Judge Tom Reynolds, Superior Court Judge Discuss a personnel issue which may qualify for executive session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(g).
(2:20): Prosecuting Attorney Tim O'Neill: Pending issues update some of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i).
VIII. Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
IX. (2:30): Department Update:
Senior Services Director Sharon Carter: Vacation carryover
X. (2:40): Unfinished Business:
Public Hearing Continuation/Closed to further public comment: Adoption of the Klickitat County Six Year Road Transportation Improvement Program from 2010-2015.
Adoption of the 2010 Annual Road Construction Program
XI. (2:50: New Business:
XII. (2:50): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XIII. (2:45): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIV. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
12/22/2009 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
December 24, 2009
No scheduled workshops