12/20/2011 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
December 20, 2011
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update.
10:45 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Administrative Services Director Glen Chipman: Radio project status update.
11:00 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
Sheriff Rick McComas: Department Update.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
12/20/2011 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
December 20, 2011
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Bid Opening: Purchase of two (2) used trailer mounted electronic reader boards (Public Works Department)
Bid Opening: Insulation Installation in Annex 1 Attic Area (Goldendale) and at the Pioneer Center – Pioneer Center Project, N10014, Federal Contract #F10-521110-034.
VI. (1:50): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
VII. (1:50): Consent Agenda:
1) Interagency Agreement between Washington State University (WSU) and Klickitat County which formalizes the longstanding relationship between WSU and Klickitat County as well as continues a longstanding, joint funding relationship for county/area Extension faculty and designated support staff.
2) Interlocal Agreement for Legal Services between Klickitat County (Prosecuting Attorney) and the Kitsap County Prosecuting Attorney to provide legal services as needed to advise, appear for, prosecute, and represent Klickitat County on behalf of, and as special deputy to, the Klickitat County Prosecutor
3) Resolution appointing Mike Norton to the Greater Columbia Behavioral Health Board of Directors serving as an Alternate Member representing Klickitat County; And Letter and certificate of appreciation thanking Rick Weaver for his past service as an Alternate Member representing Klickitat County on the Greater Columbia Behavioral Health Board of Directors.
4) Coordinated Prevention Grant Agreement (G1200238) between the State of Washington Department of Ecology and Klickitat County (Solid Waste) to provide matching funds to assist programs that: collect, treat and recycle or properly dispose of residential moderate risk waste from Klickitat County Landfills; and, to promote public outreach programs.
5) Consolidated Contract between Klickitat County (Public Health Department) and the State of Washington Department of Health for the delivery of public health services in accordance with the Public Health Improvement Plan.
6) Resolution in the matter of the Building Inspection Department revised Organizational Chart to reflect position changes to meet 2012 budget goals.
7) Verification and Acknowledgement pursuant to the provisions of RCW 84.52.070 that the Board of County Commissioners acknowledges receipt of the 2012 budgets and requested levy amount/estimates as submitted and certified by the various taxing districts within Klickitat County.
8) Alternative work schedules for all positions within the Public Health Department to reflect a furlough day on the first Friday of every month to alleviate 2012 budget shortfall.
9) Task Order No. 20 to Watershed Plan Implementation Service Agreement (C09307) between Klickitat County (Natural Resources) and Aspect Consulting to provide technical support for County participation in year one of a study of forest practice affects on western gray squirrel populations in WRIA 30 and elsewhere.
10) Personnel Authorization to begin the advertising process to fill a new Clerical Administrative Assistant II position within the Natural Resources/Economic Development Department at Grade 35, Step 1.
11) Settlement Agreements between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and various landowners for the acquisition of required right-of-way for the purpose of reconstruction of a portion of Oak Ridge Road, Count Road No. 16390 for perpetual easements and other considerations.
12) Request from Personnel Manager Randi Post to carry over vacation leave into 2012 up to a maximum of 20 hours which shall be used by June 30, 2012 or be forfeited.
13) Resolution in the matter of providing a stipend for the Personnel Division Manager Randi Post for the completion of additional assignments outside the scope of the job description and requiring additional hours above the normal work week.
14) Budget transfers within departments or funds for the 2011 Budget as follows: Prosecuting Attorney’s Office and Senior Services Department. General Fund: Assessor’s Office, Sheriff’s Office/Buildings & Grounds and Public Works/Buildings & Grounds.
VIII. (2:00): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor: Review of pending, potential and/or threatened litigation which qualifies for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i). Issues of a “general” nature if any will be discussed in open session.
(2:15): Assessor Darlene Johnson: Update and review of Assessor Office activity.
IX. (2:30): New Business:
Building and Code Compliance Director Skip Grimes and Code Compliance Officer Joyce DeVries: Nuisance Abatement No Schedule
(2:45): Treasurer Dani Burton: Discuss purchase of several types of software.
X. (3:00): Unfinished Business:
XI. (3:00);: Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
XII. (3:05): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
12/20/2011 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
December 22, 2011
No workshops scheduled