05/01/2012 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
May 1, 2012
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/REVIEW:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update
10:40 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Administrative Services Director Glen Chipman and Personnel Manager Randi Post: Review calendar for review of director applications and interview schedule, brief radio project status update.
11:00 AM ELECTED OFFICIALS REPORT:
Auditor Brenda Sorensen: Department Update.
11:15 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Steve Brown, Radio Project Lead: Radio project update
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
05/01/2012 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
May 1, 2012
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
VI. (1:30): Consent Agenda:
1. Special Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Contract between Klickitat County (Prosecutor’s Office) and Menke Jackson Beyer Ehlis Harper & Plant, LLP for the purpose of providing guidance and advice pertaining to the labor and employment law matters involving the Klickitat County Sheriff’s Office and such other county offices as the PA determines, from time to time, to be necessary to protect the interests of Klickitat County. This contract shall be effective commencing April 10, 2012 and shall continue in effect thereafter unless written notice of modification or termination is provided by one party to the other with a minimum of sixty (60) calendar days notice.
2. Agreement between Klickitat County and The Enterprise for publication of all legal notices and delinquent tax lists as well as notices to be published by newspapers of “general circulation” effective July 1, 2012, terminating June 30, 2013.
3. Agreement between Klickitat County and The Goldendale Sentinel for publication of all legal notices and delinquent tax lists as well as notices to be published by newspapers of “general circulation” effective July 1, 2012, terminating June 30, 2013.
4. Interlocal Funding Assistance Agreement between Klickitat County and Glenwood School District #401 to provide funding assistance in the amount of $2,000 to the District to develop and/or enhance their At-Risk Youth Program.
5. Recommendation and concurrence to award the base bid for Phase II of the Runway 12-30 Rehabilitation Project (Columbia Gorge Regional Airport) to Granite Construction in the amount of $1,821,065.55 as well as concurrence to award bid to Granite Construction for Additive Bid A ($474,940.11) and Additive Bid B ($207,918.32) should funds become available for that work.
6. Amendment No. 2 to Task Order No. 16 Watershed Plan Implementation Service Agreement (C09307) between Klickitat County (Natural Resources Department) and Aspect Consulting for the purpose of extending the end date June 30, 2012 and increasing the not to exceed budget from $60,000 to $64,000 to develop a quality assurance project plan and conduct an instream habitat assessment in the Little Klickitat River Basins (WRIA 30
7. Amendment No. 4 to Task Order No. 15 Watershed Plan Implementation Service Agreement (C09307) between Klickitat County (Natural Resources Department) and Aspect Consulting for the purpose of extending the end date from February 28, 2012 to June 30, 2012 to provide support for implementing the WRIA 30 Watershed Management Plan.
8. Interlocal Funding Assistance Agreement between Klickitat County and Goldendale School District #404 to provide funding assistance in the amount of $4,000 to the District to develop and/or enhance their At-Risk Youth Program.
9. Amendment No. 2 to the 2012-2014 Consolidated Contract between Klickitat County (Health Department) and the Washington State Department of Health, adding “statements of work” for the “Office of Drinking Water Group B Program and amending the “statement of work” for the 5930 Public Health Funding, Maternal & Child Health, Public Health Emergency Preparedness & Response (PHER), Tobacco Prevention & Control Program for the WIC Nutrition Program. This amendment results in an overall increase of $8,390 for a revised maximum contract consideration not to exceed $508,975.
10. Personnel Authorization to Hire to begin the advertising process to fill two full-time (40 hour work week) Mechanic positions within the Public Works Department/White Salmon Shop at Union Salary Grade 45 ($18.32 per hour). These are vacant positions effective April 26th and May 1st, 2012.
11. Personnel Authorization to Hire to begin the advertising process to fill one full-time (40 hour work week) Environmental Health Specialist II position within the Public Health Department at Salary Grade 69 ($22.53 per hour). This is a position which has been vacant since June 30, 2011.
12. Resolution scheduling a public hearing to be held on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 1:30 PM to consider an amendment to Klickitat County Code Title 8 “Health and Safety” by revising Chapter 8.04 to reduce the Board of Health membership from five to three members.
13. Request for concurrence and acceptance to award bid to Idaho Asphalt Supply Inc. for the purchase of Liquid Asphalt (Road Maintenance Materials) as bid in the amount of $1,472,370.
14. Trout Lake Park Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and Mt. Adams Ranger District (USFS) for use of portions of Guler-Mt. Adams Park June 15th (event set up) and June 16th (event day) for their Annual Fishing Derby which includes a waiver of fees ($366).
15. Settlement Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Works) and Earle E. and Kathleen J. Kennell to acquire right of way required for the purpose of reconstruction of a portion of Saxton Bane Road, County Road No. 34100, across a portion of Tax Parcel 04-17-2461-0006/00 in the amount of $800.00 and other covenants as part of the agreement.
VII. (1:45): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
VIII. (1:45): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
IX. (2:00): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor: Review of pending, potential and/or threatened litigation which qualifies for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i). Issues of a “general” nature if any will be discussed in open session.
X. (2:30) Closed Record Appeal Hearings:
Closed Record Appeal Hearing: Consider an appeal to Environmental Threshold Determination of Non-Significance SEP2010-00050 (Accessory Dwelling Units). Appellant: Dallesport Murdock Community Council.
Closed Record Appeal Hearing: Consider an appeal to Environmental Threshold Determination of Non-Significance SEP2010-00051 (Dallesport Murdock Subarea Plan Update). Appellant: Dallesport Murdock Community Council.
XI. (3:30): Unfinished Business:
XII. (3:30): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XIII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting. No workshops scheduled.
05/01/2012 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
May 3, 2012
No Workshops Scheduled