05/08/2012 Morning Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
Morning Work Session Agenda
May 8, 2012
County Commissioners Meeting Room
Klickitat County Courthouse
205 S. Columbus Avenue, Goldendale, Washington
10:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/REVIEW:
Public Works Director/County Engineer Gordon Kelsey: Public Works/Road Department Update
10:45 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Administrative Services Director Glen Chipman: Radio project status update.
11:00 AM DEPARTMENT UPDATE/COMMENT:
Personnel Manager Randi Post: Department update some of which may qualify for executive session to discuss personnel qualifications/disciplinary issues and contract negotiations all in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)(d) and/or (g); noting issues of a “general” nature will be discussed in open session.
12:00 PM NOON LUNCHEON
05/08/2012 Regular Meeting Agenda
|BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS|
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BEGINNING AT 1:00 PM
May 8, 2012
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
KLICKITAT COUNTY COURTHOUSE
205 S. COLUMBUS AVENUE, GOLDENDALE, WASHINGTON
I. Call To Order/Roll Call
II. Approval Of Business Agenda
III. Approval Of Commissioner Meeting Minutes:
Approval of Commissioner Meeting minutes as may be presented.
IV. Citizen Comments:
Comments Will Be Limited To Seven (7) Minutes Per Individual.
V. (1:30): Public Hearings/Public Meetings/Bid Openings:
Public Meeting: Consider the Planning Commission’s recommendation for approval of Zone Change Application ZON2011-01 to rezone approximately 128.9 acres from Extensive Agriculture and Forest Resource to Extensive Agriculture and Forest Resource with a Cluster Development Overlay allowing the applicant to develop a 5-lot residential subdivision with a residual 118.31 acre parent parcel that would remain for resource use and could not be further divided in the future under the current Extensive Agriculture and Forest Resource Zoning. The property is located within a portion of Section 10, Township 6 North, Range 10 East, W.M. (Randle Road/Trout Lake Vicinity). Applicant: Stevenson Land Company/Frank Backus, Representative.
VI. (1:50): Consent Agenda:
1) Interlocal Funding Assistance Agreements between Klickitat County and the below listed school districts to provide funding assistance to the district to develop and/or enhance their At-Risk Youth Program.
• Lyle School District No. 406
• Trout Lake School District #R-400
• Wishram School District No. 94
• White Salmon Valley School District #405-17
2) Scheduling a public meeting to be held on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 1:30 PM to consider approval of alteration of Lot 1 of WS-145 and Lot 2 of WS-115 amended; Boundary Line Adjustment No. BLA2011-08; Applicants: John & Sandy Dean and Albert & Bonnie Sutton.
3) Amendment No. 7 to Task Order No. 6 Water Resource Inventory Area 31 Watershed Plan Implementation Service Agreement (C05309) between Klickitat County (Natural Resources Department) and Aspect Consulting for the purpose of increasing the not to exceed budget for providing support for the development of a water quality (temperature) improvement project plan for Rock Creek and other streams in WRIA 31.
4) Personnel Authorization to begin the advertising process to fill a vacant Legal Administrative Assistant I position within West District Court, Pioneer Center in White Salmon at Grade 35, Step 1.
5) Contract Amendment No. 01 DSHS 1163-27315 between Klickitat County (Public Health Department) and Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Aging and Disability Services Administration, Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery for the purpose of correcting contract language and making adjustments to the Award & Revenues page; And Contract Amendment #2011-2013 CD between Klickitat County (Public Health Department) and Central Washington Comprehensive Mental Health for the purpose of correcting contract language and making adjustments to the budget page corresponding with Department of Social and Health Services, Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery amendment No. 1 1163-27315.
6) Klickitat County Historic Preservation Grant Agreement(s) awarding and granting funds for historical preservation projects as follows:
&•; Twin Bridges Historical Museum/Lyle Historical Society
&•; Alder Creek Pioneer Association/Carousel Museum
&•; West Klickitat County Historical Society/Gorge Heritage Museum
&•; Klickitat Historical Preservation
7) Resolution in the matter of authorizing and directing the Klickitat County Treasurer to close the petty cash funds of the Klickitat County Assessor’s Office.
8) Resolution in the matter of dedicating the livestock barn at the Klickitat County fairgrounds in honor of Bruce Cameron.
9) Fairgrounds Licensing Agreement between Klickitat County (Public Works Department) and the Washington State Search & Rescue Conference (Sheriff’s Office) for use of the fairgrounds May 13th through 20th, 2012 for their Washington State Search & Rescue Conference event which includes a waiver of fees.
VII. (2:00): Elected Official Report/Update:
Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor: Review of pending, potential and/or threatened litigation which qualifies for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)( i). Issues of a “general” nature if any will be discussed in open session.
VIII. (2:20): New Business:
VIII. (2:20): Miscellaneous Reports/Comments:
Jay McLaughlin, Executive Director/Mt. Adams Resource Stewards: Project review and request for letter of endorsement for a community forest project purchase.
(2:50) Solid Waste Director Kevin Barry: Solid Waste Department Update.
IX. (3:00): Payment Approvals/Progress Payments/Change Orders:
Accounts Payable/Payroll Benefit Warrants
Road Project Payment Estimates/Change Orders
X. (3:10): Unfinished Business:
XI. (3:10): Board Pending:
Issues as determined by the Board of Commissioners
XII. Motion to adjourn the regular meeting to 10:30 AM on Thursday, May 10, 2012 for scheduled workshops.
05/08/2012 Regular Meeting Extension/Workshop Agenda
|BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS|
May 10, 2012:
10:30/12:00 WSAC Executive Director Eric Johnson and WSAC Board of Directors President/Skamania County Commissioner Paul Pearce: Annual courthouse visit to review and discuss county issues, legislation, etc.
12:00 Noon Luncheon
1:30/2:45 Administrative Services Director Glen Chipman: 2013 budget
2:45/3:45 Executive Session: Prosecuting Attorney Lori Hoctor, Special Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Susan Drummond (participating via teleconference), Planning Department Director Curt Dreyer, Public Works Director Gordon Kelsey and Assistant Engineer Jeff Hunter: Review of planning issues some or all of which may qualify for Executive Session in accordance with RCW 42.30.110(1)(i). Issues of a “general” nature if any will be discussed in open session