Concealed pistol permits are regulated by the State of Washington and are processed by the Klickitat County Sheriff’s Office.
The following requirements must be met in order to obtain a concealed pistol permit:
- You must be 21 years of age or older
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- You must present picture identification
- You must have no convictions prohibiting possession of firearms
The fees for concealed pistol permits are as follows:
- All fees must be paid with cash, check or money order
- $49.25 (original application)
- $32.00 (renewal application - may apply up to 90 days before expiration date)
- $42.00 (late renewal application - may apply up to 90 days after expiration date)
- $10.00 (replacement of lost or damaged permit)
Checks should be payable to Klickitat County Sheriff's Office or KCSO
Applications are available at the Goldendale and White Salmon offices, or you can download an application (PDF).
Renewals can be mailed to Klickitat County Sheriff's Office, 205 S. Columbus Ave, Rm 108, Goldendale, WA, 98620.
Applications for concealed pistol permits are accepted:
Goldendale Sheriff’s Office: Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
White Salmon Sheriff’s Office (Pioneer Center): Monday-Friday 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm*
*Please note - The White Salmon Office is not always staffed during these hours. It is recommended that you call for an appointment at 509-493-1811.
For information on Concealed Weapon Reciprocity, see the Washington Attorney General’s webpage on this topic.