I-976 CAR TAB FEES INFORMATION
As an agent for Washington Department of Licensing, the Auditor’s Office is responsible for the following services:
- issuance of license plates and registration for vehicles and vessels;
- title transactions for vehicles, vessels, snowmobiles, and manufactured homes;
- addition or removal of legal owners (lien holders);
- sale of gross weight for commercial vehicles;
- sale of trip permits and special fuel permits; and
- issuance of disabled parking placards.
The Auditor is also an agent for the Department of Revenue and collects tax on the transfer of vehicles and vessels.
Quick Title Service
The Klickitat County Auditor processes Quick Titles, if you need your new title immediately. There is an additional $50 fee to get a Quick Title.
Note: Quick Titles are not available for snowmobiles, vehicles or boats reported as stolen, insurance or wrecker destroyed vehicles and boats, or vehicles or boats with "WA Rebuilt" on the title.
The Auditor’s Office cannot approve Quick Title paperwork over the phone. Quick titles are only processed until 4:00 P.M. daily.
Click here to locate other offices in Washington, who also provide Quick Title services.