Why do we have an emergency volunteer program?
When an emergency happens we are responsible for keeping the residents safe and informed which takes a large group of trained volunteers.
What kind of emergencies can you help with?
Wildfires - Earthquakes - Evacuations - Mass Casualties - Severe Weather - National (War, Terrorism) - Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) Incidents/Accidents.
Free trainings you can participate in:
- FEMA courses 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, & 800
- Amateur radio training and licensing preparation
- Emergency Operations Center (EOC) position training: public information, logistics, communications, safety, liaison, operations, planning, and more.
- Full scale disaster exercises
- Age 16+
- Able to pass a background check
- Attend at least 6 of 12 trainings annually.
Join us for Orientation to Operations to learn more:
Thursday April 6th, 6:00pm - 8:00pm (in-person and virtually)
Saturday April 15th, 2:00pm - 4:00pm (in-person and virtually)
Unmanned Aerial System - Volunteer Program
Volunteers will Support:
- Search & Rescue Operations
- Wildland Fires
- Hazmat Incidents
- Other local emergencies in need of the system
Goldendale - 2nd Saturday Monthly, 9:00am - 12:00pm
White Salmon- 3rd Saturday Monthly, 9:00am - 12:00pm
You can train on either or both dates monthly.
- No experience necessary
- Equipment and trainings is provided
- Minimum age is 16 years old
- FAA part 107 Drone License, not required
- 2 teams
- Easter/Centeral, meets in Goldendale
- Western, meets in White Salmon
Join Us for a Meeting/Training-
Contact us to join us for an upcoming meeting or training to see how you like it. After you join us and would like to become an official volunteer, submit the volunteer packet below and turn it into Emergency Management.
Call (509) 773-0570