Public Records Requests

We welcome all requests for additional information about public records from the Klickitat County Assessor's Office. The Assessor's Office has adopted the Attorney General's Model Rules for public records disclosure compliance. RCW 42.56.520 Some of the information that you might need may already be available online.

Detailed information about parcels are available at Interactive Mapping Service. If you are unable to find the information you need there, please make a public records request to our office by filling out the Public Records Request Form (PDF), or contacting our Public Records Officer Jessica Byers, call 509-773-3715. 

Exempt Information

While much of the records of the Assessor's Office are public records, the following information is exempt from Public Records Requests:
  • RCW 84.36.389 Confidential income data in property tax records held by assessor
  • RCW 84.40.020 Confidential income data supplied to assessor regarding real and personal property
  • Additional exempt Public Records can be found in the Public Records Act publication by the Municipal Research and Services Center.

Additional Information

The Assessor's Office strives to follow the Washington State Archives County Assessor Records Retention Schedule (PDF). This means that we keep property rolls for six years, revaluation cards for one year, and real and personal property record cards until they are superseded by a new revaluation cycle. When requesting information, please provide a detailed description including names, parcel numbers ect. of your requested public records related to the Assessor's office. Per R.C.W 42.56.070(8) and R.C.W 42.56.120, we charge $0.15 per page for copies, plus cost of mailing. Older property records will be sent to the Secretary of State Central Regional Branch of the State Archives. They can be contacted directly at 509-963-1753.