- Economic Development
A Great Place for Business
Klickitat County is not only a great place to visit, it's also a great place to live and work. There are several attractive reasons to locate your business in Klickitat County.
Port of Klickitat - Bingen Point Business Park
Klickitat County Is a Good Location to Do Business
- Ample property much more affordable than the I-5 corridor of Portland and Seattle.
- Central to the Pacific NW with fine highway, freeway, rail, air and barge transportation.
- Highly competitive wage rates and a willing labor pool.
- Local government that is supportive of legitimate business interests.
- Manufacturers will find several industrial areas primed for development.
Klickitat County Is Investing in Infrastructure for Business
Klickitat County has targeted four key areas for its industrial economic development. These include Bingen Point, Dallesport, Goldendale and Roosevelt:
- Bingen Point, on the Columbia River near Bingen and White Salmon, possesses perhaps the most desirable undeveloped waterfront property in the Gorge.
- Dallesport, across from The Dalles, Oregon, has excellent industrial potential with plentiful land and water availability. It is situated in the most populated area of the Gorge with an excellent labor pool and transportation access.
- Goldendale, in the center of the county, has a fine new industrial park which has attracted recent tenants.
- Roosevelt, in eastern Klickitat County, offers unique possibilities for companies that can benefit from inexpensive rail transportation to Seattle.
- In addition, the outlying areas of Klickitat County serve as home to a variety of unique small businesses.
Klickitat County Is a Wonderful Place to Live
- A rural quality-of-life offering numerous outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Healthy, family-oriented environment.
- Reasonable tax structure with no personal state income tax.
- Rural living in a spectacularly beautiful setting, yet near the Portland metropolitan area.
- Strong schools throughout the county.