Crime Victims' Rights
Crime Victims' Bill of Rights: RCW 7.69.030
As a Crime victim, survivor, or witness to a crime, the Klickitat County Prosecuting Attorney's Office will provide reasonable efforts to ensure the following rights:
- To be provided with a written statement of the rights of crime victims, including the name, address and phone number of a county of local crime victim/witness program.
- To be informed of the final disposition of the case.
- To be informed of changes in court dates to which you have been subpoenaed.
- To receive protection from harm or threats of harm arising from cooperation with law enforcement and prosecution efforts.
- To be informed of the procedure to be followed to apply for and receive any witness fees to which you are entitled.
- To be provided, whenever practical, with secure waiting area during court proceedings that does not require you to be in close proximity to defendants and families or friends of defendants.
- To have any stolen of personal property returned as soon as possible after completion of the case.
- To be provided with appropriate employer intercession regarding absence from work for court appearances.
- To be provided access to medical assistance without unreasonable delay.
- To have, whenever practical, a victim advocate present at prosecution or defense interviews and at judicial proceedings.
- To be present in court during trial, or if subpoenaed to testify, to be scheduled as early as practical in proceedings in order to be present during trial after testifying.
- To be informed of the date, time, and place of the sentencing hearing for felony convictions upon request.
- To submit a victim impact statement personally or by representation, at sentencing hearings for felony convictions.
- To have restitution ordered when there is a felony conviction, even if the offender is incarcerated, unless extraordinary circumstances exist.
- To present a statement in person, in writing, via audio/video tape. Or by representation, at any hearing conducted regarding an application for pardon or commutation of sentence.