When must I appeal?
July 1 of the assessment year OR within 30 days of when a Change of Value notice was mailed by the Assessor's Office, whichever date is later. If the petition is mailed, it must be postmarked by midnight of the filing deadline. Petitioners may hand deliver the petition to the Board of Equalization Clerk and have it date stamped. Please do not wait until the last day to file an appeal. If appealing other Assessor determinations, for example, denial of an application of current use or removal of a classification from property, taxpayers have 30 days from the date of the mailing of notification. Please be advised that "Faxed or Emailed" Petitions are acceptable only for the purpose of protecting a deadline to file. You must still submit the original Petition with signature to the Board of Equalization.

Show All Answers

1. How can citizens appeal the assessed value of their property to the Klickitat County Board of Equalization?
2. When do I receive a 'Change of Value Notice' or 'Value Notice'?
3. What is the Assessment Year versus the Tax Year?
4. I appealed last year's valuation but haven't had a hearing or decision from the Board. Do I need to appeal again this year?
5. Should property owners contact the Assessor's Office?
6. Am I encouraged to exchange valuation information and supporting evidence at a reasonable time prior to hearing?
7. What information must be provided for a completed petition?
8. What is acceptable evidence?
9. How do I find comparable sales?
10. What if there are no properties comparable to mine?
11. When will I have a hearing?
12. What can I expect at the hearing?
13. Can the Board Of Equalization increase my assessed value?
14. When will I receive a decision?
15. What if I am not satisfied with the Board of Equalization's decision?
16. What and who is the Board of Equalization (BOE)?
17. How does the Assessor value property?
18. Who may file an appeal?
19. When must I appeal?